(solved) Enhanced Listing of Most Recent Activity

Forum Forums Administration Site Help (solved) Enhanced Listing of Most Recent Activity

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Nov 27-9:57 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin

The forum main page displays links to the five most recent posts. While that Latest Activity facility is helpful, it lists too few posts. Its contents are rapidly scrolled off the foot of the list making them more difficult to find than need be the case. Increasing the size of the panel to accommodate more posts might upset the aesthetic presentation of the page.

The ease of finding recent posts might be extended by adding an item under Quick Links. This will open a full page of links in the same format as shown in the Latest Activity panel. It will need its own name, perhaps something like Latest Activity [Extra|Extended|More Posts|Full List].

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

is this the same idea as the “latest topics” option. Its in the forum drop down menu and off to the side on the top level forum listing.

I book mark that one.

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/view/latest-topics/

Forum Admin

is this the same idea as the “latest topics” option. Its in the forum drop down menu and off to the side on the top level forum listing.

I think its different from Latest Topicss.
    Have a look at the attached screenshot. It is page 6 of 6 in Latest Topics.

See how the dates of the posts are not in chronological order, they are jumbled in an order I cannot identify.

My idea is to have a page which lists links to the most recent posts in chronological order.

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

Oh yeah, I hate the order of the “latest topics” even on the first page, often the “latest post” is in the second or third thread down.

Or on page 5 or 6. As it does not jump to the top of the list when posted to. Like the old old site did.

Forum Admin

Does the recent posts link under the forum button at the top of the page work as desired?
    It is supposed to show a list from newest to oldest…

Yes it works OK here. Thanks for this, Dave it pretty much fulfils what I asked about.

A very minor point…
    Is it possible to have the Recent Posts link at the actual head or actual foot of the drop down list? All the other items in the list refer to topics rather than posts, so it will be more logical to group them sequentially, rather than adding the new link within them.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

A very minor point…
    Is it possible to have the Recent Posts link at the actual head or actual foot of the drop down list? All the other items in the list refer to topics rather than posts, so it will be more logical to group them sequentially, rather than adding the new link within them.

Done!

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.