error: antix/linux has invalid signature

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” error: antix/linux has invalid signature

Tagged: 

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated Mar 4-1:00 am by Dave.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gatta2

Hello everyone

Semi-noob here, please be gentle.

I’ve been dying for months to use antix, but now that I have the opportunity I’m in a rush and everything is going wrong :(

* Downloaded via Safari
      * Downloaded via Firefox
      * Downloaded via Torrent (both x64 full and x64 base)

* in each case I used Rufus to create bootable USB. USB has been triple-checked – it is old but there are no errors on it. (It is tiny though – 2.1GB capacity – antix full comes to 1.3GB)

Written to usb as hybrid ISO:
      * Tried direct install on dual-boot W10 and Bodhi Linux, intending to fully wipe and do a clean install. It allows me to set keyboard/timezone etc but continues to grub
      * ISO usb visible in UEFI as the only boot option but boots into grub
      * Wrote ISO to DVD on an external DVD reader – The DVD is visible in UEFI but boots into grub
      * Deleted all particitions (remains bootable into UEFI). The ISO usb is visible in UEFI but boots into grub
      * So, heeding the Rufus warning about using a hybrid ISO I re-burned the ISO as DD. (UEFI picks up the ISO usb but boots into grub)

I’m out of time so I installed an old Linix Lite copy from DVD, but… but… I WANT activeX (shoutout to runwiththedolphin) as I have 3 very old laptops waiting for a distro that’s lighter than LL.

Any advice?
      Thanks!

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by gatta2.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by gatta2.
      Forum Admin
      Dave

I am not understanding what the problem is… The usb boots to grub; did you select one of the grub menu options to boot antiX? Does it not go any further than grub? Did you see any errors on the screen? The title shows invalid signature but there is no mention of how you are checking the signature…

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.