etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy 31 [Solved sort of]

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco, Hannie Schaft, Manolis Glezos” etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy 31 [Solved sort of]

• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Dec 4-11:30 pm by stevesr0.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    KooKoo

Also this one policy 31 error on boot screen = etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy 31 no such file or directory..I have check dmesg log and any other log in var/log nothing related to policy 31

I only get this error after installing nvidia drivers repo or sgfxi versions. To me it makes no cents because Debian does not use selinux by default anyway it is mostly used on Linux servers.

The only thing I did to remove this error from appearing the boot screen was by editing the grub file boot line and adding selinux=0 as below. No more error.
    etc/default/grub = GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=”quiet nouveau.modeset=0 selinux=0″

Running this command sestatus or getenforce which are selinux status commands returns (no file or directory found)

This error appears antiX 17 or 19 and Debian 10 too.. I have a GTX970 card.. and good night..

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

Also seem to have a problem booting due to selinux.

I have had boot stop and after one to three tries (shutting off power in between), the boot goes through.

The last time, I saw a “failed to open policy file” statement and when I searched on the net, found that that was fixed by adding selinux=0.

I have done that and it seems to work for me as well.

(only problem is my edit in grub doesn’t persist. I forgot how to make them stay. Is it by doing an update-grub command after successful boot?)

stevesr0

XecureXecure

(only problem is my edit in grub doesn’t persist. I forgot how to make them stay. Is it by doing an update-grub command after successful boot?)

You can follow Koo’s steps:
    Edit as root the /etc/default/grub file, add the parameters to the line that starts with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=
    Save and execute in terminal
    sudo update-grub
    as you have already hinted. You remembered, but you just werent 100% sure. You remembered correctly.

thanks, Xecure.

I will do that.

Unfortunately, the selinux=0 thing doesn’t seem to work all the time, so I am not sure if it was the problem (or the only problem).

stevesr0

KooKoo

I always thought it had something to do with the nvidia driver, because it only started after installing the driver. I no longer have this computer..

Thanks Xecure

I have seen users with dual or more boot machines complain in the past, about updating their kernels on the secondary boot system saying it won’t load the new kernel, without realizing they have to run sudo update-grub on their main boot system. I was one of them.

T430 i7-3632QM 16gb , antiX-19.2.1-runit_x64-base Hannie Schaft 29 March 2020 , 5.8.16-antix.1-amd64-smp

Hi all,

My intermittent failure to boot problem seems to have disappeared after my update to the 5.8.16 kernel. Without doing the selinux “fix”.

stevesr0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.