Expired GPG Key ?

Forum Forums antiX-development Development Expired GPG Key ?

• This topic has 91 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated May 15-2:52 pm by lazy_frozen.
Viewing 2 posts - 91 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    PPC

I don’t mean to spam this thread with repeated posts, but it seems some users have problems applying the available solution to this problem, so here goes a detailed how to implement the solution I propose (adapting one of Dave’s solutions)

0- Make sure you are connected to the internet (you should be, if you are reading this post on-line)
      1- Copy the command in the box below (If you don’t know how to do that: press and hold the left mouse button on the first letter of the first word, while dragging the mouse pointer to the right end of the last line of the text that’s inside the box -the last highlighted word should be update. All that text should now be highlighted, usually with a light blue background. Right Click the highlighted text. A contextual menu should appear- Left Click once on the entry that says “Copy”)
      2- Do a single Left Click the menu button, on the toolbar. The antiX menu should appear.
      3- One of the available entries on the top of the menu should be “Terminal”. Do a single Left Click on it. A terminal window, displaying some text should appear.
      4- Right click once on the terminal window to get a contextual menu and then and Left Click once the “Paste” option. All the text that was copied from this web page should appear in the terminal.
      5- Just to make sure the terminal is in focus, Left Click it once and then press the Enter key.
      6- If the terminal window asks for your password, type it and press the Enter key (when you type your password nothing appears on screen, not even ***, that’s to be expected)

sudo wget -O- http://repo.antixlinux.com/antix-archive-keyring-2024-2027.asc | gpg --dearmor | sudo tee /etc/apt/keyrings/antix-archive-keyring.gpg && clear && sudo apt update

Done. What this string of commands does is importing the correct GPG key and apply it, also updating the system, to let you know everything worked. From now on, you can once again update your system (ex: using antiX Updater) or install software.

I think even the most inexperienced user can follow this “how to” without any problems.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by PPC.
      lazy_frozen

Thank you so much for the layman’s term guide. It helped me.

Viewing 2 posts - 91 through 92 (of 92 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.