EXPKEYSIG error and fix

Forum Forums News Announcements EXPKEYSIG error and fix

• This topic has 31 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated May 2-10:38 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Choose another repo since it seems that one is down.

Actually, edit antix.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d to

deb https://mirror.adct.be/mx/packages/antix/buster/ buster main nonfree

Nothing to do with expired keys.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

dirkd
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you, Anticapitalista. That did the trick. Is there webpage with a (regularly updated) list of the correct entries in the sources.list.d config files?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Yes there is:

antix-19-packages

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

catfood
    Helpful
    Up

Could you say where the antix/mx public keyserver is? I had 2 gpg verifieds X-.isos with gpg running ubuntu b4, using keyservers, but nowadays, can’t verify even in antix or mx live, using apt keyrings within themselves…

Tried:
    hkps://keyring.debian.org
    hkps://keys.openpgp.org
    hkps://keys.gnupg.net

Would be nice to verify keys from more than just an antix/mx live, just to verify from an outside source… Wondered what your guys’ public keyhost was…?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by catfood.

Howdy Jessie.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Experimenting some time ago, I added the gpg/pgp key for antiX and MX repo on vanilla Debian downloading and installing the corresponding .deb file, as anticapitalista mentioned:

1. Download antix-archive-keyring_20019.3.13_all.deb from here: http://repo.antixlinux.com

In the directory where you downloaded the deb

2. sudo dpkg -i antix-archive-keyring_20019.3.13_all.deb

3. sudo apt-get update

For antiX repo: http://repo.antixlinux.com/buster/pool/main/a/antix-archive-keyring/
    For mx repo: http://mxrepo.com/mx/repo/pool/main/m/mx19-archive-keyring/

Maybe this wasn’t what you meant, and you meant using a wget keyring from a keyring site. No idea how to do this, the be honest. I only know how to add them using the .deb file prepared by the team.

catfood
    Helpful
    Up

I came here about a year ago, and the above solution worked quite well for fixing Linux BBQ repos (antix/sid).

Now that I have been migrating some hardware to antix/MX, there seem to be some related probelms…

I was able to gpg verify my first antiX/MX iso’s on Ubuntu-MATE. I did gpg verify, then recv keys, then was good.

Curious, who antix/MX gpg keyservers are now? I believe I used either keys.openpgp.org or keyserver.openpgpg.org.

I believe most of my fails we’re, pardon my bad quote: Something about, key found, but no ID, so skippped…?

I currently can’t gpg verify isos in MX hardware, or antix live; just using apt install antix-keyring, antix-archive-keyring. Though, my ubu with previous external keys doesn’t work now either… Wondered where external gpg public keys were stored… None of the assumed keyholders, seem to work.

Sorry, I know this is semi vague, but hope it helps?

I seriously do not know enough for “bug reports”. I am listing what I saw, um, if there are better diagnostic tests I can run, I’m all for it, I just don’t know how this realm of linux works…

I don’t know if bug, or, I’m scared/broke my own shtuff. Just nowadays, verified means more than ever, so, important to me at least….

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by catfood. Reason: I want to BOLD this, but bold gone, sorry, I am having touble with these forums per my used to behaviour

Howdy Jessie.

catfood
    Helpful
    Up

Yea, I did similar.
    Initial Ubuntu-Mate I got verifieds with gpg, then recv keys from one of 4 keyservers.
    After that stopped working, I added all the antiX repos to my Ubu. It did not seem to fix the problem though with APT sourced keyrings.

I installed MX over debian10 for reasons of my choosing, but MX has not been able to gpg verify. I also tried with my live antiX usb, but fails too.

USUAL FAIL: Forgot verbatim, but no user associated with key, therefore, key not downloaded…

[bold] Mainly, knowing what public keyserver antiX has, I’d assume/hope would fix this. [bold]

( I got 2 verified, so now I OCD insist I find a way to verify ALL, lol)

I don’t know near enough, but feels like gpg server denies, rather than any antiX issue… Your website publicly displaying your keyserver of choice seems easy fix to my knowledge of Linux…
    Sorry, I guess-to-learn…

Howdy Jessie.

bb73
    Helpful
    Up

Hi

I need help please,
    I have installed antiX-19.3_386-full.iso,
    The md5 checksum and Sha 256 are correct matches using gtkhash.
    How do I check the signature file? is authentic? I follow the above steps and downloaded keys but how do I know they are trusted as the sig file attached wont open

Thanks bb73

caprea
    Helpful
    Up

Hi, you can find an answer in this thread under
    Verification of signature
    https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/step-by-step-guide-to-install-antix-os/

bb73
    Helpful
    Up

Hi
    Just installed the key below and wondered what happens in may 2021, do you have to download a new gpg key-ring???

$ sudo apt-key list
    /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/antix-archive-keyring.gpg
    ————————————————
    pub rsa2048 2013-03-13 [SC] [expires: 2021-05-01]
    ED57 48AC 0E57 5DD2 49A5 6B84 DB36 CDF3 452F 0C20
    uid [ unknown] antiX (antix repo) <repo@antixlinux.com>
    sub rsa2048 2013-03-13 [E] [expires: 2021-05-01]

/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/debian-archive-buster-automatic.gpg

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Hi
    Just installed the key below and wondered what happens in may 2021, do you have to download a new gpg key-ring???

$ sudo apt-key list
    /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/antix-archive-keyring.gpg
    ————————————————
    pub rsa2048 2013-03-13 [SC] [expires: 2021-05-01]
    ED57 48AC 0E57 5DD2 49A5 6B84 DB36 CDF3 452F 0C20
    uid [ unknown] antiX (antix repo) <repo@antixlinux.com>
    sub rsa2048 2013-03-13 [E] [expires: 2021-05-01]
    /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/debian-archive-buster-automatic.gpg

No you won’t. It will get sorted via an upgrade/dist-upgrade of antix-archive-keyring

lonegunmen
    Helpful
    Up

Did a new install of Antix 19.3 64bit today and getting this same EXPKEYSIG error when I do “sudo apt-get update”. I followed the steps from the first page but none of them worked. The wget command spits out a 404 error not found error and the installing the deb package in step 2 didn’t fix the issue either.

Choose another repo since it seems that one is down.

Actually, edit antix.list in /etc/apt/sources.list.d to

deb https://mirror.adct.be/mx/packages/antix/buster/ buster main nonfree

Nothing to do with expired keys.

I haven’t tried this yet, since I don’t know if I’m suppose to replace the existing mirror line with this one, or simply add this new mirror.adct.be line to the bottom of the sources.list.d file?

Any suggestions on how to fix this error?

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Replace the previous entry with the alternative Deb line suggested.

Brian Masinick

calciumsodium
    Helpful
    Up

Hi,
    I just got the same problem.
    @Xecure suggested the following, which worked for me:

Try this.

Launch a terminal and do

wget http://repo.antixlinux.com/buster/pool/main/a/antix-archive-keyring/antix-archive-keyring_20019.3.14_all.deb

This downloads the keyring. Now you install it.

sudo apt install ./antix-archive-keyring_20019.3.14_all.deb

after this see if updating the package list works.

sudo apt update

lonegunmen
    Helpful
    Up

Hi,
    I just got the same problem.

@Xecure
    suggested the following, which worked for me:

Try this.

Launch a terminal and do

wget http://repo.antixlinux.com/buster/pool/main/a/antix-archive-keyring/antix-archive-keyring_20019.3.14_all.deb

This downloads the keyring. Now you install it.

sudo apt install ./antix-archive-keyring_20019.3.14_all.deb

after this see if updating the package list works.

sudo apt update

Thank you! This is the only method that worked. Thanks again. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.