Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins feedback: antix-dusk 23 alpha1 menus

Please provide feedback on the aXd menus.

See URL in first post to view menus; 1.1. MB mkv file at archive.org.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Hate
  • Indifferent
  • This topic has 18 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Feb 7-5:57 am by techore.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    blur13

Remind me, which terminal was your preference?

I prefer st with st-scrollback-ringbuffer-0.8.5.diff patch. There is a st-nordtheme-0.8.5.diff patch if you want it to blend into your dwm build.

(2.3 MiB + 729.5 KiB = 3.0 MiB st)

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by blur13.
      techore

I have been on the fence with st since antix-dwm 21/22 releases. It has been included but I never got it patched to my satisfaction.

I am going to make time this release to focus on getting it patched where I am not switching to an alternative terminal.

techore

Well, by default, in antiX, a right click only displays the rootmenu. If possible I would keep that default behaviour in any antiX derivative.

I have a rootmenu prototype working!

My only challenge is the applications menu is a static list. I am going to back burner how to enable users to update easily and, initially, just provide instructions on adding applications. Not ideal but I need move to other release items.

I will post a new video for comments in this thread once I have tweaked a few items. A day or two.

techore

Updated video (1.1 mb) with new context/rootmenu.

https://archive.org/download/axd23alpha1menudemo2/axd23alpha1-20240206_210522.mkv

@PPC, love feedback.

The primary author of the menus is dusk’s author, bakkeby, using bash and xmenu.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.