File Manager Menu

Forum Forums General Software File Manager Menu

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Sep 9-3:06 pm by alexb.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    alexbalexb

Hello all,

I am new to MX Linux and first of all I want to thank all developers and contributors for this beautiful and well working distribution!!!

One little problem: While playing around I removed the menu from the File Manager today. How do I get it back?

Best regards,

alexb

XecureXecure

Hello, alexb

Please clarify for us if you are using MX linux or antiX linux.

If using antiX linux, please clarify which File manager are you using: ROX or SpaceFM

If using ROX, Open any ROX window, right-click on an empty space, select Options from the right-click menu.
    Go to Tools/Minibuffer and make sure all options are active and you are displaying the toolbar as icons.

If using SpaceFM, open a folder with SpaceFM and right-click on an empty space. Select View> Toolbar to display the toolbar.

If this doesn’t help, please explain your situation better.

alexbalexb

Hello Xecure,

I am sorry, I didn’t saw there are different forms respective for different distributions.

I am on MX-Linux and think the file manager is called Thunar. But your advice already helped me – after trying the right click without success already in the first place did I tried it now again on other places of the GUI. So I found a context menu in the file section that included a properties entry. From there I could click on a help button which linked me to this site: https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/4.12/working-with-files-and-folders
    The pictures finally showed me the short-cut for showing the menu (Ctrl+M).

Thank you, now everything is normal again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.