Firefox-65.0.1 available in antiX repos

Forum Forums News Announcements Firefox-65.0.1 available in antiX repos

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by skidoo Feb 18-11:26 am.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

For those of you that prefer the latest firefox, it is now available for installation in the antiX repos.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

wasp
    wasp

For those of you that prefer the latest firefox, it is now available for installation in the antiX repos.

Thanks!

wasp
    wasp

The sound dosn´t work.
    I’have to install pulseaudio?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Probably. We provide a systemd-free version.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

caprea
    caprea

When I start the firefox 65.01. Quantum with

apulse firefox

I do have sound in e. g. youtube

apulse is preinstalled on antix 17.3.1

I don’t have pulseaudio installed and didn’t make any changes like moving alsa.rc and so on, it works with firefox just like that.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php?title=How_to_use_ALSA_sound_with_applications_that_depend_on_Pulseaudio

wasp
    wasp

When I start the firefox 65.01. Quantum with

apulse firefox

I do have sound in e. g. youtube

apulse is preinstalled on antix 17.3.1

I don’t have pulseaudio installed.

Perfect. Thanks!

masinick
    masinick

I got Firefox 65.0.1 just by doing a package update, but I think I may have enabled the Mozilla backports site anyway to pick them up. Either way, we’re good with both the ESR and the latest updated versions of Firefox available. 🙂

Brian Masinick

wasp
    wasp

I got Firefox 65.0.1 just by doing a package update, but I think I may have enabled the Mozilla backports site anyway to pick them up. Either way, we’re good with both the ESR and the latest updated versions of Firefox available. src=”https://s.w.org/images/core/emoji/11/svg/1f642.svg” />

The repository https://mozilla.debian.net/ is no longer active. Maybe you’re referring to the update of firefox-esr-60.5? But it’s the stable version of debian that esr. That ¨normal¨ was missing. Not now. Thanks anticapitalista

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by wasp.
    greyowl

Which is the best way to install FF 65.0.1–using Synaptic Package Manager or the Package Installer?
    If I install FF 65.0.1 does it over write the FF 60.5.0esr or will I end up with both versions?
    In the future, how do I upgrade FF 65.0.1 when there is a new version available?

• This reply was modified 4 weeks ago by greyowl.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop (1.86 GHz, 2G RAM, 32 bit) - antiX 17

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

@greyowl – either way – I’d recommend via package installer.

You get both firefox and firefox-esr. They shouldn’t conflict.

Once you have the new version of firefox installed, any new versions will be picked up by apt-get update apt-get dist-upgrade/synaptic/package-installer (once I have uploaded the new debs of course).

skidoo

firefox and firefox-esr. They shouldn’t conflict.

In advance, just in case… be sure to create a backup copy of your older version firefox profile.

(if profile data is touched by newer version, the profile’s bookmarks|storage|containerdata|sessiondata may become unusable with earlier firefox versions)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.