(solved) Firewall

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21 “Grup Yorum” (solved) Firewall

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 12-2:19 pm by olsztyn.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    stevix

Where is firewall in antiX 21? I was expecting to find something in the control centre, but couldn’t see anything. Or did I have my eyes shut and missed it? I did a search and found some references to a firewall, but they all applied to antiX 19.

Could somebody please point me in the right direction? Thank you

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by christophe. Reason: Solved
    christophe
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

In a terminal, do this:
    sudo ufw enable

That will enable immediately, and it will thereafter start upon each reboot.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by christophe.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

stevix
    Helpful
    Up

In a terminal, do this:
    sudo ufw enable

That will enable immediately, and it will thereafter start upon each reboot.

Thank you, done. Is that all there is to it? If so this topic can be marked as solved. I guess the firewall set up has changed since antiX 19? I’m sure there was something in control centre before? Or did I dream that?

olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up

I guess the firewall set up has changed since antiX 19? I’m sure there was something in control centre before? Or did I dream that?

if I am not mistaken there used to be a ufw gui in the Control Center but that was not carried forward to antiX 21. Probably because it was rarely useful. I believe it can be still installed if needed.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
    https://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.