font-manager screen offset??

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions font-manager screen offset??

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 13-4:46 pm by anti-apXos.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    stevesr0

I just learned of font-manager when posting about adding a new font to LibreOffice (thank you abc-nix).

Being curious, I just installed it on a full antiX19 system.

When it launches, half of the left side is cutoff – the part that lists the fonts. Even making it full screen didn’t make the font list visible.

Is this something others have noticed? Is there a video setting I need to use when launching it or…?

stevesr0

guadalupespo

Hello, I think if your screen resolution is set to a lower value, it can cause elements in applications to be cropped or cutoff. Try increasing the display resolution to a higher value and check if the font list becomes fully visible.

anti-apXos

Some applications just aren’t made with low resolution screens in mind. There’s easy things the developers could do to fix it, so it might be worth filing a bug report.

I keep a key shortcut set up in ~/.icewm/keys for situations like this.

key "Super+F8" sh -c "xrandr | grep 2732x1536+0+0 && xrandr --output eDP1 --scale 1 || xrandr --output eDP1 --scale 2"

This toggles my screen between a 2x scale and back to regular. To adapt it to a different system, you’d just need to change the output name from eDP1 to what yours is and change the screen size grep searches for if your screen isn’t 1366×768.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.