*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***???

Forum Forums Administration Site Help *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***???

• This topic has 59 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated May 22-5:26 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    marcelocripe

*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***???

Dear administrators and moderators.
      Posting on this forum is difficult, writing words and informing people is getting harder every day, everything that is written is said to be *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***

Respectfully.

marcelocripe
      (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese language)

– – – – –

Caros administradores e moderadores.
      Está difícil postar neste fórum, escrever palavras e informar as pessoas está cada dia mais difícil, tudo que está escrito é dito que trata-se de *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***

Respeitosamente.

marcelocripe
      (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

Do not include a lot of links in any post
        I think 6 is the maximum before the spam filter activates.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

marcelocripe

I tried to send just two archive.org links to @Arius in the topic https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/dude-where-is-my-hard-drive/.

GitLab links simply the forum does not accept.

– – – – –

Eu tentei enviar apenas dois links do archive.org ao @Arius no tópico https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/dude-where-is-my-hard-drive/.

Os links do GitLab simplesmente o fórum não aceita.

ModdIt

Have to agree with Marcello, but often one link is enough.

Work around create a post with short text, edit and add intended content, using code marking helps in many
            cases.

Very noticeable is also the capability of the site to crash browsers, Palemoon latest not so oten anymore,
            Epiphany immediate freeze, Ungoogled Chromium frequent freeze, Vivaldi occasional Firefox LTS rarely.

Graphics accelleration. is off in ungoogled chromium, (a frequent chrome based browser freezer) reduces the
            occurrence on this site but does not completely cure the issues..
            On several occasions I have just given up trying to help a poster on forum, sent a PM.

marcelocripe

Hello ModdIt.

The forum is making communication even more difficult for believing that everything is “*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***”, this may discourage the use of this forum, it may even cause the abandonment of this important space we have by antiX users.
              Before the messages went to the spam box, then I had to ask a moderator to authorize the posting of messages. Now we can’t send the message.
              As far as I know, including links from other services (GitLab, GitHub, archive.org, YouTube, from other forums, etc.) is not spam and should be treated as information.
              If someone finds messages containing truly “Spam” content, just notify a moderator or administrator for the Spam to be removed.
              The problem with sending a private message is that the support will be restricted to just one person, and the information can be useful to other people.

– – – – –

Olá ModdIt.

O fórum está tornando a comunicação ainda mais difícil por acreditar que tudo é “*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***”, isso pode desanimar o uso deste fórum, isso pode causar inclusive o abandono deste importante espaço que temos pelos usuários do antiX.
              Antes as mensagens iam para a caixa de spam, aí eu tinha que pedir a um moderador para autorizar a publicação da mensagens. Agora não conseguimos enviar a mensagem.
              Até onde eu sei, incluir links de outros serviços (GitLab, GitHub, archive.org, YouTube, de outros fóruns, etc.) não são spam e deveriam ser tratados como informação.
              Caso alguém encontre mensagens contendo conteúdo verdadeiramente “Spam”, basta avisar a um moderador ou administrador para o Spam ser removido.
              O problema quanto ao envio de mensagem particular é que o suporte ficará restrito apenas a uma pessoa, sendo que a informação pode ser útil para outras pessoas.

christophe

I just ran into a “forbidden” message & was blocked – I was typing to post through the links2 browser. It complained that I needed to use javascript. The irritating thing was, that I had already typed a long reply…

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

caprea

This has happened to me several times now.
                  Often enough already when only one link is included.
                  There is another thread from PPC.He says you can work around the problem by first publishing the text and then adding the links as edit.I have not tried it yet.
                  https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/forum-thinks-weblinks-are-spam/

ModdIt

I worry about frustrated users at times too. The simple text post then edit method has helped several times.
                    where that failed better a PM to help a user than nothing. I also ran in to
                    you have posted too many times, try later.
                    that cleared next day.

I do try to put anything not really specific to a particular user on the forum in hope it can help others..

Problem is we are on a free version and I guess most users never help with running costs. Some of the kids have
                    donated, me too, sometimes wish to be high income, at present energy costs and rising food prices worrying.

What paid space would cost a year is anybodys guess. I never saw that discussed.

Forum Admin
                    anticapitalista

This is not a free version of WordPress.

I’ll email our forum dev and see what she can do to sort this out.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

ModdIt

With regard to problems posting: it seems an AI plugin has been quietly installed, I had no info on that whatsoever.
                        Been asked by PM to maintain white black grey/whitelistings. My answer to that below.

As I am limited in free time and was in no way involved an adding an artificial idiot plugin to the forum I will not
                        be involved in trying to tame the animal.

In the end, the AI knows who the regular users are and that links can be allowed.

So in the end new users are discriminated until manualy whitelisted.
                        Great idea when they try to ask for help. Recently the plugin has also driven some of the most involved members nuts.
                        Persons in the translation team and those trying to help other users to get systems running.

This should be discussed openly on the forum and before anything like this is introduced with those who may have to intervene
                        and maintain black and white lists, a never ending crappy task.

I will remain as involved in trying to assist users as at present, that includes removing spam etc at present level.
                        I will not go out of my way to train filter list based software introduced behind both my and other forum stalwarts backs.

Forum Admin
                        anticapitalista

With regard to problems posting: it seems an AI plugin has been quietly installed, I had no info on that whatsoever.
                          Been asked by PM to maintain white black grey/whitelistings. My answer to that below.

As I am limited in free time and was in no way involved an adding an artificial idiot plugin to the forum I will not
                          be involved in trying to tame the animal.

In the end, the AI knows who the regular users are and that links can be allowed.

So in the end new users are discriminated until manualy whitelisted.
                          Great idea when they try to ask for help. Recently the plugin has also driven some of the most involved members nuts.
                          Persons in the translation team and those trying to help other users to get systems running.

This should be discussed openly on the forum and before anything like this is introduced with those who may have to intervene
                          and maintain black and white lists, a never ending crappy task.

I will remain as involved in trying to assist users as at present, that includes removing spam etc at present level.
                          I will not go out of my way to train filter list based software introduced behind both my and other forum stalwarts backs.

Fine.
                          What anti-spam software do you (and others) suggest as an alternative to CleanTalk?

I have temporarily deactivated CleanTalk spam filter.
                          Let’s see what happens.
                          Post as many links as you like to see if the issue is with CleanTalk or elsewhere.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by anticapitalista. Reason: xtra info

seaken64

FWIW, I have never ran into these posting issues. I did once hit submit and my message did not show on the forum right away. I think it took until the next day. But I rarely have issues from a spam blocker and I do post links. I am in US. Maybe that makes a difference? where the IP address originates from may trigger the filter? I’m just guessing, I really don’t know about this stuff. Just reporting that I don’t seem to be having issues.

Anyway, I do agree that this could be problem for new users looking for help and for those who are trying to post messages to be helpful.

Seaken64

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by seaken64.
                            blur13

Pasting output from the terminal is almost always flagged as spam these days. People have resorted to attaching the output as textfiles. Personally I can’t be bothered to open them. I think whatever spam filters are deployed, they are not optimal for a forum of a technical nature. Was there a problem with a lot of spam before the filter was introduced?

haha and then I saw this post:

“Top Localities To Buy A Home in Gurgaon”
                              https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/top-localities-to-buy-a-home-in-gurgaon/

If forced to choose between having the forum spammed with posts of this nature and the spam filter, I’ll take the filter.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by blur13. Reason: found spam
                              seaken64

Well, the upside is that I am now well informed about buying a home in Gurgaon. I was a little shakey on that topic! 🙂

Forum Admin
                                rokytnji

Already deleted one new user for spam thread “jadamckim2433” Selling resort property.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
                                  Not all who Wander are Lost.
                                  Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
                                  How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.