*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***???

Forum Forums Administration Site Help *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***???

• This topic has 59 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated May 22-5:26 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    marcelocripe

Thank you for paying attention to this issue and for taking appropriate action.

– – – – –

Eu agradeço por prestarem atenção a este problema e por tomarem as devidas providências.

Anonymous

FWIW, a tiny (short) post of mine today
        https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/multi-users-on-multi-tty-behavior/#post-75185
        was rejected until I removed the h t t p s preface from the displayed “Link Text” string.

Anonymous

I did once hit submit and my message did not show on the forum right away. I think it took until the next day.

Yeah, this is a separate issue (BUG!) with the forum software.
          Forum is configured to display fifteen posts per page. If your post happens to be number fifteen (or 30 or)… the forum software may, or may not, attempt to display “page 2” (or 3, etc) when the topic is next displayed.

This bug is often evident when browsing from the forum homepage. It will show “last post by” a given person for a topic… but when you click to read, nope, that person’s post is not displayed.

ModdIt

I also deleted the Indian property salesman a couple of days ago. Second user who only registered to post trash in a couple of months.
            Claimed to be selling resort property but would not international call back to discuss viewing options. Sad really. I could quickly have
            offered to invest a few million. VND :-).

@anticapitalista, problem regarding a spam filter is lack of information on what is going on, please if you see the need for
            those kind of actions keep all of the forum supporters openly informed, at least then we know what is going on, most important
            where do we find relevant information on working with the system. The only information which came my way is the system is filter based.
            Searching for clean talk filter was not exactly enlightening. And black and white listing is never ending pain.

If those filters activate on user IP adress changes then I will have constant issues depending on current exit point from my provider
            network. That changes, I think depending on server loading many times a day. I have experienced massive issues with several sites when
            my apparent IP changed while logged in.

The biggest problem I see in the forum is self opinionated thread hijacking/misplaced posts.

Confusing lack of structure and often misleading thread titles make finding answers to specific issues is not so easy.
            Regarding thread titles, we are making progress lately, changing titles for better clarity and searcheability is becoming accepted practice
            which is good.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by ModdIt.
            marcelocripe

Request Header Fields Too Large
              The server refused this request because the request header fields are too large.

This message has been going on for approximately two weeks. Other people reported it in the Telegram and WhatsApp groups, as well as other people who participate frequently.

– – – – –

Esta mensagem está ocorrendo há aproximadamente duas semanas. Outras pessoas relataram nos grupos de Telegram e WhatsApp, bem como outras pessoas que participam frequentemente.

caprea

The server refused this request because the request header fields are too large.

Most likely in this case you have to clean your cookies.

Brian Masinick

Regarding spam and “questionable posts”, have any of you encountered – and removed – any posts in the past 3 days that were not “caught” by the “spam filter” and were posted – then later removed by a Moderator or Administrator?

One of the forum spam volunteers claims that there were some posts recently that were “Accepted” by the Spam filter in CleanTalk and posted, but I’ve not been able to locate any of them, so I’m wondering if a “properly vigilant” administrator or forum moderator has removed some “inappropriate posts” that the CleanTalk program did not capture correctly?

I want to look at those records in CleanTalk to see if there are any actions that can be further tuned there without creating other “undesirable actions or consequences”. Thanks for your feedback!

--
                  Brian Masinick

caprea

Hi Brian, until now I never removed a post in the forum (except when asked by the poster).I renamed one and it’s still there.For what post are you looking ?

stevesr0

Hi caprea,

I am the volunteer Brian referred to. This morning I noticed that in the spam log there were a number of posters identified only by two letter country codes whose posts were accepted and were listed as one word for the most part. I searched the forum for any recent topics with those terms and didn’t see them. So I queried Brian.

If these are not penetrating to the forum somewhere, I guess it is academic…

stevesr0

caprea

Are you sure these weren’t only marked as “Approved” and not “Post approved”
                        As far as I have understood the antispam , these with only “Approved” and two letter country code are searches in the search panel.

ModdIt

Hi Brian,

Removed: none.

Brian Masinick

Sounds like all is well.
                            I Thank each of you for sharing.

--
                            Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

We appear to have lost skidoo in our forum. Looking back in the logs, the last post I could see from him was on February 7, #76964 just yesterday, but now it shows up as Anonymous.

I did not delete his account, and I hope that nobody else did, but his account has been removed.

I do know that skidoo has been dealing with health issues, but we will all miss him dearly if he won’t be back. Does anyone know how his account was removed?

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Brian Masinick.

--
                              Brian Masinick

christophe

I noticed this, too. I assumed he requested it (though I don’t know why). But I don’t know anything for certain except that his latest posts show “Anonymous.”

Hopefully he will pop back in & say he’s back, and soon.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by christophe.
                                • This reply was modified 2 years ago by christophe.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

caprea

I also saw this and and immediately thought he did it by himself, I also hope very much that he comes back soon.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.