*** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***???

Forum Forums Administration Site Help *** Forbidden. Message seems to be spam. ***???

• This topic has 59 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated May 22-5:26 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    marcelocripe

Again I get this message when I try to post to Peter Linu’s Live USB thread. I tried to paste just two Transifex URLs into this thread and the forum blocked me and prevented me from submitting the full information.

– – – – –

Novamente eu recebo esta mensagem quando eu tento postar no tópico Live USB do Peter Linu. Eu tentei colar apenas dois URLs do Transifex neste tópico e o fórum me bloqueou e me impediu que eu enviasse da informação completa.

BobC

Marcelo, If you type each message twice, ie in 2 languages, that will double the chances of triggering the spam checkers. You could try just posting (in the English forums) only in English, and revert to your native language in a followup post if it was misunderstood.

Also, I’m not sure how often it allows posts, but try allowing more time before posting again.

Brian Masinick

I agree with BobC; I found a rejected message from MarceloCripe the other day in the CleanTalk spam filter; I marked it as “Not Spam” and wrote a note in the feedback to CleanTalk, citing that the marked message is from a regular contributor, and I validated it as “Not Spam”. At the same time, all of us must be careful with the software. At times, there are background procedures at work on the forum, and these can temporarily affect the speed of the forum response; rather than repeatedly entering posts, which only adds further overhead, please be patient; wait a few minutes. If the problem persists, delay and wait for the delay to resolve itself.

On the other hand, if this goes on for several hours or days, do report it as an issue, and the Website and software providers can be contacted by site management to correct the issue.

--
          Brian Masinick

marcelocripe

I need to explain that for me to be able to post here in this topic and in the other topic, I needed to access it on another IP and with the Chromium internet browser. Even on another IP and on the Firefox ESR internet browser the forum kept blocking the post from being sent.
            As for me posting twice, if I only post the machine translation, I’m taking too much responsibility for something I’m not able to verify, namely the quality or content of the machine translation. Several times I test the automatic translation back into my language and I get texts that are very different from what I actually wrote. I’m sorry for not being able to post in English only.

– – – – –

Eu preciso explicar que para eu conseguir postar aqui neste tópico e no outro tópico, eu precisei acessar em um outro IP e com o navegador de internet Chromium. Mesmo em outro IP e no navegador de internet Firefox ESR o fórum continuava bloqueando o envio da postagem.
            Sobre eu postar duas vezes, se eu fizer apenas a postagem da tradução automática, eu estarei assumindo um responsabilidade muito grande sobre algo que eu não sou capaz de verificar, ou seja, a qualidade ou o teor da tradução automática. Em diversas vezes eu testo a tradução automática de volta para o meu idioma e recebo textos muito diferentes do que eu realmente escrevi. Eu sinto muito por não ser capaz de poder postar apenas em idioma Inglês.

BobC

Yes, I can imagine the difficulties of getting things translated reasonably without knowing both languages.

I would suggest minimizing the number of links, and only including those in your translated text. I would also suggest instead providing search terms if possible. Links seem to trigger the spam checkers because spammers usually post links.

I don’t think viewing things from another browser would be causing the trouble where it says you are posting too often, unless you also tried to post from it. Thinking about the logic for how the spam checker program might work, I would guess it is just watching a time since last post and/or spam text triggers.

PS: a final thought: I don’t think we have exact knowledge or control over how the spam checker works. The easiest solution is for you to figure out what it will allow you to do, vs what will trigger it, and avoid triggering it.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by BobC.
              marcelocripe

BobC, the topic Live USB that I managed to post with just the Chromium internet browser has exactly two url addresses and yet it was blocked. I usually add the URLs in the English language text, in the original text I usually write “(The two Transifex URLs are in the English text.)”.
                Spam could not or should not block URLs from Transifex, GitLab, GitHubb, this forum and and other translation sites which are the places where the programming codebase and translations are available for GNU/Linux. I believe there should be a list of URLs in the Spam control management system that can be added to the exception URLs in order not to be blocked.
                In this topic antiX and antiX Application Program Translation Platforms I needed ask moderator Christophe for help to be able to post information that is of interest to all volunteer translators here from the antiX community and from various GNU/Linux distributions (I wish I had received this list from someone in August 2020, as it would make my job a lot easier voluntary), so this URL exception lists could be created if it hasn’t already been created. In several network management programs the administrator can create a URL exception list and a block list, I do not believe that the forum spam control program does not have this functionality.

– – – – –

BobC, o tópico Live USB que eu consegui postar apenas com o navegador de internet Chromium possui exatamente dois endereços de URL e mesmo assim havia sido bloqueado. Eu eu costumo adicionar os URLs no texto em idioma Inglês, no texto original eu escrevo costumo escrever “(Os dois URLs do Transifex estão no texto em Inglês.)”.
                O spam não poderia ou não deveria bloquear os URLs do Transifex, GitLab, GitHub, deste fórum e outros sítios de tradução que são os locais onde a base de códigos de programação e das traduções estão disponíveis para o GNU/Linux. Eu acredito que deve existir no sistema de gerenciamento do controle de Spam uma lista de URLs que possa ser adicionada para os URLs de exceção com o objetivo de não serem bloqueados.
                Neste tópico antiX and antiX Application Program Translation Platforms eu precisei pedir ajuda ao moderador Christophe para conseguir postar informações que são de interesse de todos os tradutores voluntários daqui da comunidade antiX e de várias distribuições GNU/Linux (eu queria ter recebido de alguém em agosto de 2020 esta lista, pois iria facilitar muito o meu trabalho voluntário), por isso, esta listas de exceções de URLs poderia ser criada, caso ainda não tenha sido criada. Em diversos programas de gestão de redes o administrador consegue criar uma listas de exceções de URLs e uma lista de bloqueios, eu não acredito que o programa de controle de spam do fórum não possua esta funcionalidade.

Brian Masinick

I’ll check ✔️
                  I marked a message ‘not Spam ‘ just the other day.

If there is another one I will check.

--
                  Brian Masinick

BobC

Maybe what is needed is a whitelist of allowable link sites that the spam checker doesn’t worry about. My immediate thoughts would be:

gitlab.com?
                    transifex.com?
                    antixforum.com
                    antixlinux.com
                    mxlinux.org

I didn’t see any option like that, so unless I just wasn’t looking well enough, it would need to be an enhancement to the Cleantalk or WordPress software

marcelocripe

Hello Mr. Brian and Christophe.

Could you please check the problem I reported in the private message I sent on 05-15-2023? My message may be in your spam folder. In the message I sent you is the person’s email address.

The person who tried to register on the antiX forum is a member of the Telegram group “MX Linux and antiX Linux Español”.

The person is trying to log in with his forum username and password, but receives the message in the attached image.

I instructed the person to clear the history, change the IP number, try to access from another device, but the person had the same problem that I had in March 2023.

Thanks!

– – – – –

Olá sr. Brian e Christophe.

Por favor, vocês poderiam verificar o problema que eu relatei na mensagem particular que eu enviei no dia 15-05-2023? A minha mensagem pode estar na sua caixa de Spam. Na mensagem que eu enviei para vocês está o endereço de e-mail da pessoa.

A pessoa que tenteou fazer o cadastro no fórum do antiX é um integrante do grupo do Telegram “MX Linux e antiX Linux Espanhol”.

A pessoa está tentando entrar com o seu nome de usuario e senha do fórum, mas recebe a mensagem da imagem em anexo.

Eu orientei a pessoa a limpar o histórico, a trocar o número do IP, tentar acessar de um outro dispositivo, mas a pessoa obteve o mesmo problema que eu havia tido em março de 2023.

Obrigado!

Brian Masinick

This user IS registered. See the Email I sent today to verify this.

If unable to login, then we have to determine the reason.

--
                        Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

This user IS registered. See the Email I sent today to verify this.

If unable to login, then we have to determine the reason.

Please have user pinchudo check out the account again because it is registered.
                          If a password needs to be set or changed and that’s the issue, perhaps we
                          can arrange it, but since the account is registered, I’d like to better
                          understand what the problem looks like and get as much information as
                          possible so we can finally get this resolved, since it actually dates back
                          to May 12, then notes on May 15 and today, May 19.

I can’t tell from the registration alone what the issue is, if any, except
                          to validate that the registration was accepted and performed.

--
                          Brian Masinick

marcelocripe

Hello Mr. Brian.

The “pinchudo” informed me that he tried to enter his username and password in the antiX forum on different devices (computer and phone) and received the same message in the photo that I attached above. According to “pinchudo”, he was never able to connect to this forum with his username and password.

Another similar problem happened with “Vania” and “Christophe” had to delete her account so that “Vania” could create the same account with her email address again.

Thank you for checking this case.

– – – – –

Olá sr. Brian.

O “pinchudo” me informou que tentou entrar com o seu usuário e senha no fórum do antiX em dispositivos diferentes (computador e telefone) e recebe a mesma mensagem da foto que eu anexei acima. Segundo o “pinchudo”, ele nunca conseguiu conectar neste fórum com o seu usuário e senha.

Um outro problema semelhante aconteceu com a “Vania” e o “Christophe” precisou apagar a conta dela para que fosse possível a “Vania” criar a mesma conta com o seu endereço de e-mail novamente.

Obrigado por verificar este caso.

Brian Masinick

Regarding: “Another similar problem happened with “Vania” and “Christophe” had to delete her account so that “Vania” could create the same account with her email address again.

Thank you for checking this case.”

If this user removed their account and it’s created again, maybe that is what is required. I have no idea whatsoever why this seemingly simple task doesn’t work, but my guess is that the combination of old hardware and slow network do not interact very well with the processes on the server end where the account is getting started. IF Christophe remembers what was done before, maybe that’s what needs to be done again.

--
                              Brian Masinick

marcelocripe

Hello.

The “Pinchudo” or “Claudio_62” envied me a message last night via Telegram, he told me that the account “Claudio_62” was also blocked access. I suspect that the forum management program is blocking access to people with an IP from Argentina.

So, the problems continue.

– – – – –

Olá.

O “Pinchudo” ou “Claudio_62” me enviou uma mensagem ontem à noite via Telegram, ele me disse que a conta “Claudio_62” também foi bloqueada o acesso. Eu desconfio que o programa de gerenciamento do fórum esteja bloqueando os acessos de pessoas com o IP da Argentina.

Ou seja, os problemas continuam.

Brian Masinick

I’m sorry Marcelo; I understand that getting the account working has been a problem,
                                  but at my level it’s difficult to see precisely what is the root cause of the issue.
                                  On the systems I use, between the relatively good speed, decent performance of
                                  the equipment, plus the moderator privileges, I rarely see or experience whatever
                                  is causing these problems; I’d be happy to help if I knew the answer;

hopefully one of the other moderators or administrators will be of more assistance
                                  in this matter; I’ve not figured out a practical solution, so a few more eyes on
                                  the situation from “experts” may be necessary to resolve this.

--
                                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.