Future antiX

Forum Forums antiX-development Development Future antiX

• This topic has 71 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated Apr 30-3:13 pm by Robin.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    XecureXecure

I mention creating a new user because, if there are changes to desktop-default-[whatever]-antix, the changes on /etc/skel/ will not apply on the current user automatically, but would used on the new user.

Anyway, if there is a change that needs a new user account, we will probably be advised by the dev team.

christophechristophe

How does one test “antix-libs”?

> How does one test “antix-libs”?

skidoo, I like your answer, really 🙂 Perfect way, 125 antiX test strips 🙂 you made my day!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Robin. Reason: confused word order

Ugh…GTK3… I am not sure why you wouldn’t stick with GTK2. Is that getting deprecated all together? I really hope that if you switch stuff to GTK3 it at least won’t be more GNOME apps like the Archive manager, with those terrible client-side decorations…As long as they behave like normal applications (i.e. adhere to basic standards), I guess GTK3 applications can generally be fine.

@ Skidoo,
    Your post wins my ALL TIME BEST FOR LINUX HUMOUR…

Quick, someone add this very nice (but “branded”) wallpaper for our collection… 🙂

@ PPC it is for login screen on our test stick :.)

be a brilliant intro to antiX testing too

I agree, that’s a great pic, skidoo.

Ok, but more serious… I used antiX 19.3 full x64 and followed Xecure’s instructions to make it a testing system, down to just before the reboot, and instead remastered it on my “flashdrive” (32gb SSD hooked up USB 3.0). I’m not that comfortable that virtualbox will really work the same as a machine, myself, and so I’m using the flashdrive booted live with no persistence to test with. I then created a new ISO from it, which could be used to install from. I was thinking of posting it up on the net, but wondering (because I had different problems than some others testing the wallpaper app), how do I know if I really have it all correct?

I was thinking I could make a package list that could be compared? any thoughts?

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

@ Skidoo,
    Your post wins my ALL TIME BEST FOR LINUX HUMOUR…

Agreed. Great one and the best “Good Humor” piece award too! 📯👍😁

Brian Masinick

I followed Xecure’s directions with 19.3 base, and made an ISO-snapshot of the resulting 32-bit 19.3 testing antiX. It’s 942 MB.

If anyone wants to use it to test, whether from live or installed, it will be available for download for the forseeable future:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ktchmh7o4jae0zt/AADTLzczAIurQ1Z3xVQAfzf-a?dl=0

@christophe: Downloaded your test image today and I have been running it off a USB drive today. I had to do a few “maintenance” items to get it to behave perfectly, such as configuring my local time zone and making sure the time was correct. As soon as I did that I was able to verify that the image does indeed work well, so for anyone who wants a working image as of December 10, 2020, your image works great, thanks!

Brian Masinick

I hope that people are enjoying this thread.

We have a pretty good description on the direction of antiX development, some good images, great humor and even a recently created live snapshot, which I have downloaded and I am using right now; it works great!

Thanks to anticapitalista for the clear direction of our distribution, Xecure for writing some useful directions on creating your own antiX snapshot from a live image, christophe for creating a snapshot to confirm the directions and provide a sample snapshot, and most recently skidoo for some excellent pictures and some of the best humor clips we have ever seen on the forum.

There is a LOT to read and enjoy, all right in this thread! Thanks, members of the antiX team and community members for making this a useful and fun forum thread!

Brian Masinick

I used Xecures instructions on antix19.3fullx64 to create a Bullseye version of it, and made an ISO snapshot of it and uploaded it to the net:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ynctlo7g8e2ry/antix19.3x64bullseye
    Please let me know if you find any problems with the site or how I created it.

I used Xecures instructions on antix19.3fullx64 to create a Bullseye version of it, and made an ISO snapshot of it and uploaded it to the net:
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ynctlo7g8e2ry/antix19.3x64bullseye
    Please let me know if you find any problems with the site or how I created it.

I downloaded the file and I’m in the process of putting it on removable media now. I’ll be checking it out soon and I will let you know how it looks.

Brian Masinick

I am back with the Bulleye Edition of antix19.3fullx64 as produced by BobC, following the directions provided by Xecu
    This is the second version I’ve built in the past week from the images that community members have built.

I have not made any of my own in the past few months, but I have made several ISO images using multiple different techniques and all of the ones I have attempted in the past that are created as intended have worked well without problems, though I did have a few of them hang – (I believe those instances were from MX and not antiX though).

All is well with this one; good job!

Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.