Gamers – steam

Forum Forums General Software Gamers – steam

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by number698 Jan 12-1:03 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

antiX is predominantly a distro for old boxes.
    However, it also runs well on the latest and greatest.
    I’m not a gamer (apart from supertuxkart and torcs), so those of you that are, how well does antiX fare?
    Particularly in relation to games via steam. (or how about playonlinux?)
    Is steam easy to install on antiX?
    Does it work (well)?
    How can we improve the gaming experience for those that want it on antiX?
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 6 days, 12 hours ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Dave

Steam installed and runs no problem for me. Though I have yet to run a game in it… The tux games also seem to work just fine. (supertux, supertuxkart, extremetuxracer). Minecraft also appears to run well. Playonlinux seems to install and run as well though I do not use it to run games. I am by no means heavy into gaming so my run well could be terrible performance from a “gamer” perspective but they do install without issue and are usable from my perspective.

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

number698

installed retropie (RetroPie allows you to turn your Raspberry Pi or PC into a retro-gaming machine) following the instructions for a Debian based distro

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/Debian

which appeared to be successful, but when starting setup – message said unsupported OS.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 20 hours ago by number698.
    caprea
    caprea

Did you try to make the changes under “SteamOS hack to allow installation” ?
    __os_debian_ver=”9″ for stretch maybe

Dont copy and paste it from here, because quotation marks are malformed through forum-software

number698

neglected to make that change, thanks caprea.

setup then continued to the ‘basic install’, I selected this and it began installing further, but then seemed to get caught in a loop ?
    kept it running for 10 mins, whilst all that time my cpu was at 100%. So I assumed something was wrong and had to reboot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.