Gave my computer a heart attack

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-17 “Heather Heyer” Gave my computer a heart attack

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by rokytnji Jul 2-7:28 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    superdreamkilla

I don’t know what happened but after I installed it, it started smoking then took a real hit to the Ram. Is there any way to trim the fat off this OS so I can see where the problem lies?

fatmac
    fatmac

Smoke emanates from electrical components, not an O/S.

This is a L/W O/S, but you can start with a net install & go from there, if you want to.

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

PPC

I don’t know what happened but after I installed it, it started smoking then took a real hit to the Ram. Is there any way to trim the fat off this OS so I can see where the problem lies?

Hi, unless you are exagerating about the “smoke”, you probably have something very wrong with your computer hardware, no lighter Operating System will “fix” that, it may only demand less of your computer, but if you run anything more cpu/ram intensive (example: a modern internet browser) that may push your hardware (ram/cpu) to dangerous levels… If I were you I would try to find out what before you computer completely stops working or worse, it may even start to really burn…

P.

AK-47
    AK-47

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Gave my computer a heart attack

I hear baby aspirin is good for that. I am watching this thread because it looks like it is gonna go no where. If the title and post content is a example .
    Might close it later.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.