gdbus.error LXDE

Tagged: 

• This topic has 16 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Nov 27-4:30 pm by k-ray.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    locosporlinux

Hi guys, I just want to report a bug with LXDE.
      LXDE 11 starts perfectly after being installed in AntiX 21, but after updating the system with apt update & upgrade, after a reboot it has a gdbus error. That error always appears when starting the system and does not allow me to shut down or restart the computer from the menu (I can only shut down or restart from the terminal). This problem occurs in 32 and 64 bits, in real machine and in virtual machine.
      In AntiX 19.4 this error does not occur. And I repeat that it only happens after updating.
      I add an image with the error.

Attachments:
      Xecure

Hi, @locosporlinux

Could you share with us what version of antiX (core, base or full) are you starting with to build the LXDE respin? Are you replacing slimski with some other Login Manager? Are you using desktop-session to start the custom LXDE spin or are you running it with the default lxde-session only?

Are you replacing elogind with consolekit (as the message may be implying) and require libpolkit-gobject-consolekit-1-0?

EDIT: Are you using lightdm? If (using lightdm-greeter), did you edit /etc/pam.d/lightdm-greeter to use elogind (as described here)? lightdm in Debian is ready for systemd’s logind, and needs some changes to use elogind instead.

Regards.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Xecure.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
        General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

locosporlinux

Thanks for answering.
          I did not install ligthdm, I continue with slimski. I am using both 32 bit and 64 bit base version. Both worked perfectly and after an update yesterday (November 23) the two versions gave me that error and on different computers and also in a virtual machine. I repeat, it was after yesterday’s update, before everything worked perfectly.
          The libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 and libpolkit-gobject-consolekit-1-0 packages are not installed.

Anonymous

Per the error message, SOMETHING is expecting consolekit support. Slimski does not provide (nor demand) consolekit support. A starting point toward investigating would be to check your apt package logs to see what packages (LXDE related?) were touched by your update operation yesterday.

locosporlinux

At this moment I finished installing antiX (base) again in virtual machine, I installed LXDE and after updating the same error continues to appear.

Attachments:
              christophe

Per the error message, SOMETHING is expecting consolekit support. Slimski does not provide (nor demand) consolekit support. A starting point toward investigating would be to check your apt package logs to see what packages (LXDE related?) were touched by your update operation yesterday.

What does your /var/log/apt/history.log say was upgraded?

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

locosporlinux

This is antiX 21 base in virtualbox just installed and installing LXDE from the antiX package installer. Before I did it from terminal with “sudo apt install lxde”.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by locosporlinux.
                  Xecure

Do the following (as a workaround) for now until the issue is resolved:

sudo apt install policykit-1=0.105-31 libpolkit-agent-1-0=0.105-31 libpolkit-gobject-1-0=0.105-31 
                    sudo apt-mark hold policykit-1=0.105-31 libpolkit-agent-1-0=0.105-31 libpolkit-gobject-1-0=0.105-31
                    sudo apt autoremove

It will autoremove libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 and downgrade to an older policykit-1 package and put it on hold.

PROBLEMS: This will fix the error message, but you will not be able to reboot, shutdhown, etc. from the menu.

EXTRA: If you install libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0 back again, you will get the same gdbus error again, but you will be able to reboot, shutdown, etc. from the LXDE menu.

I will let the dev team know and ask them to rebuild policykit-1 again.

locosporlinux

Thanks Xecure.
                      The error is gone. Only the button to shut down or restart the system does not appear. It is a good solution while I wait for an update to fix it.
                      As an extra I want to comment that in virtual machine I tried antiX 21 base and full 32 and 64 bit with Mate and XFCE (without installing LXDE) and the same error occurs. I’ve been using antiX with LXDE for two weeks and until yesterday everything worked perfect, it was after yesterday’s update that this error started.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by locosporlinux.
                      Attachments:
                      Xecure

It is an unfortunate side-effect of trying to remove elogind dependency from some packages, in favor of seatd. Three weeks ago we started testing these changes, but few of us use policykit, (which is a dependency of most desktop environments, but most window managers don’t require it, so it went under the radar), so the package was not fully tested and no-one realized there was a problem with it. I am sure the policykit package can be rebuilt to using the old configuration and dependency of elogind, and maybe even libpolkit-gobject-elogind-1-0.

Sorry for any inconveniences. Hopefully it doesn’t affect too much the next Loc-OS release date.

locosporlinux

Thanks Xecure.
                          I already have the ISO ready for the new Loc-OS based on antiX 21. I made it several days ago. The problem is that I cannot distribute it like this because since yesterday this problem occurs after updating.
                          Also many thanks. It would really be great if they fix it with some update, otherwise they will leave many users unable to use a desktop properly.

Xecure

I have tested the policykit fix and it works (no gdbus policy error and the lxde shutdown menus work). I saw that anticapitalista has uploaded it and it is on its way to the repos, so everyone should be receiving the new packages in a few days.

k-ray

Same problem here. So I’ll wait for another update then?

Forum Admin
                              anticapitalista

The update hasn’t hit the repos yet – be patient.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

k-ray

The update hasn’t hit the repos yet – be patient.

Hey no problem. I’m glad I found this thread, because I have found some much on similar errors and really didn’t know where to start.
                                  In the meantime I can easily open a terminal and do a ‘halt’ from there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.