General Forum conduct

Forum Forums News Announcements General Forum conduct

• This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated May 6-8:02 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BobC
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Yes, if only they will TRY what is already built into the system FIRST…

If they don’t like it or whatever, and it is really important to them, THEN look for other solutions, hopefully starting with the ones that are DESIGNED to work on antiX or MX, or Debian, or Linux, or on Linux via Wine, or at LEAST have source code, LOL, in THAT order!

Somebody posted a sticky on that…

It gets frustrating (more for them, I bet) if they turn things into a big mess installing all kinds of odd things and as a result things don’t work. But it’s also sad to see that happen, when things could be good instead.

Yes, RTFM, I think that’s a song they sing on some distros. They must hate people or something. Man is good, and how to’s, and wiki’s and manuals are great, especially if accurate and containing examples, even more so for doing really tricky things, but the BIG point is Programs should work how a sensible person might EXPECT them to work, to do normal day to day tasks, and then the confusion, problems and complaints will be minimal.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by BobC.
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

We have been doing REALLY WELL as a community forum in being respectful, patient with those who are beginners, just learning, or perhaps older learners, or someone who has been away from Linux systems for several years.

I want to commend those who provide helpful tips, yet occasionally share humor. Skidoo is someone who has outstanding technical skills and communicates very well, yet also manages to slip in occasional (sometimes frequent) humor.

One of my friends who is an excellent photographer, @Linuxdaddy: typically shares his art; he photographs nature scenes, every day indoor and outdoor items that sometimes make extremely attractive images – you might even consider several of them if you like to vary your personal wallpapers every now and then.

Unexpectedly one of his pictures of his cat, “Olive”, struck my “funny bone” because it reminded me of “Sheldon Cooper” (a character on a long running American TV show, “Big Bang Theory).

I told @Linuxdaddy: how his note caught me laughing, and he also said that he was familiar with the show.

My point in all of this – though we DO NOT want to distract from the main point in a topic, but if something strikes you in a humorous way, a short comment is acceptable. If you want to tell jokes, in general it would be better to go to the “Cafe” or a non-technical thread. — Still, if a short comment strikes you as funny — I don’t think a “one liner” will detract — skidoo provides plenty of examples of sharing excellent technical information with a touch of humor — that’s a good example to follow.

Keep up the GREAT work! WE have an excellent distribution and an equally excellent forum community, together it emphasizes the excellence of antiX (and occasionally “antics”). 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Brian Masinick.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.