Gimp GMIC plugin don't start.

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” Gimp GMIC plugin don't start.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by silvioto Nov 5-11:51 am.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    silvioto
    silvioto

Installed Gimp full from software installer, but GMIC don’t work.

skidoo

GMIC depends on several openCV libraries and ships as a separate (optional) package.

sudo apt install gmic gimp-gmic

then retry accessing the plugin from within gimp

silvioto
    silvioto

Removed and reinstalled with sudo apt install gmic gimp-gmic, but don’t work.

skidoo

Wait for others to reply.
    I didn’t advise uninstalling anything, and I lack the patience to deal with help requests which lack sufficient details (what means “don’t work”?!?)

silvioto
    silvioto

Excuse me skidoo, you are right.
    The command “sudo apt install gmic gimp-gmic” show that these packages are already installed at the latest version.

I discovered that installing from control center -> package installer -> Graphics -> GIMP Full, The package GIMP Basic is installed instead. Then, opening GIMP and an image, clic on filters -> G’MIC-Qt menu entry, and nothing happen. Usually a new window open showing a long list of G’MIC filters with the current image opened in GIMP.

Opening GIMP from terminal and try to start G’MIC plugin, it show the following error messages:

qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin

(gmic_gimp:16842): dbind-WARNING **: 12:07:41.769: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(gmic_gimp:16842): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 12:07:41.913: cannot register existing type 'GtkWidget'

(gmic_gimp:16842): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 12:07:41.913: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(gmic_gimp:16842): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 12:07:41.913: cannot register existing type 'GtkBuildable'

(gmic_gimp:16842): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 12:07:41.913: g_type_interface_add_prerequisite: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INTERFACE (interface_type)' failed

(gmic_gimp:16842): GLib-CRITICAL **: 12:07:41.913: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed

(gmic_gimp:16842): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 12:07:41.913: g_type_add_interface_static: assertion 'G_TYPE_IS_INSTANTIATABLE (instance_type)' failed

(gmic_gimp:16842): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 12:07:41.913: g_type_register_static: assertion 'parent_type > 0' failed

I’m using antiX 19 i386 version.
    Thanks in advance for help.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by silvioto.
    linuxdaddy
    linuxdaddy

Hi Silvioto,

this seems to be a gmic specific problem as they do not work
    with krita or gimp in buster as so far.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

caprea
    caprea

Silvioto, if the gmic-plugin is essential to you, you could download the G’MIC plug-in for GIMP for Debian 10 Buster ( I assume you are running antiX19 buster) from this side.
    https://gmic.eu/download.shtml

First uninstall the gimp-gmic you already have installed.

Then unnzip the gmic_2.7.5_gimp2.10_debian_buster_amd64.zip
    Move as root the gmic_gimp_qt to usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

Works perfectly here.

silvioto
    silvioto

as I wrote in my first post, I use 32-bit version of antix 19. Only 64-bit versions can be downloaded from the gmic website.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.