Global search GUI for antiX

Forum Forums General Software Global search GUI for antiX

• This topic has 175 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated Jan 13-9:33 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Wallon

Dear PPC,

This is really very good. I really like your work.

We forgot to replace 2 expressions with “mv_” variables.
      I replaced line 46 –title $”Finder” with –title “$mv_Finder”.
      I replaced line 201 echo “Command could not be found” with echo “$mv_COMMAND_could_not_be”.

Look at the po file in the appendix. Gettext still wants to replace “Finder” in your “kill” lines.
      I replaced kill $(xprop -name $”Finder” _NET_WM_PID) with kill $(xprop -name Finder _NET_WM_PID) for lines 54, 72, 96, 191, 249, 309, 370.

After that, I don’t see anything more to change.
      Would you like to test the new script?

Kind regards,
      Wallon

PPC

@Wallon – I’ll testdrive the script, but I can’t really analise the code changes in depth.
        On the localization file- most echo statements are not really for the user to see, just to help me debug what the script is doing, so I think localizing them would be useless work for the localization team… Examples of this echo outputs (from lines refered in the localization file):
        – 19, 20, 23, 27, 31

PPC

@anticapitalista – please update the version of the script over at yad-goodies git – I can’t, commit it (I can’t update my fork)…

P.

Forum Admin
          anticapitalista

@PPC I cannot see any merge request.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

PPC

@anticapilalista- I canceled them both – I got the usual Commit error, caused by my outdated folk of the antiX’s git…
              Should I try again, or do you want to update the file from the compressed file Wallon just made available today, in this thread?
              Also, if you want, we already have a pretty good .desktop file, patched together in this thread- I can upload it here, to save you a bit of work…

P.

Forum Admin
              anticapitalista

@PPC TBH I think it is best to package it separately from yad-goodies.
                Post all the files here (script, desktop, localisation.pot)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

PPC

I’ll get back in a bit and try to update all 3 files here. Wallon developed the “.po” file.

P.

PPC

@anticapitalista – I had time to grab the 3 existing files and attach them…

Notes:
                    – There’s a .po file, not a .pot file
                    – I named the .desktop file “antix-finder.desktop”, just in case there’s another .desktop called “finder” but the script has to be called “finder” or else it will fail…
                    – The icon used both in the script exists only in antiX 23, not in previous versions… (i.e. in antiX 22 there’s no icon)

Question, since the script will be packaged separatly, I guess it won’t be part of antiX 23.1? I ask this because my original idea was to try to have it included on the taskbar, right after skippy-xd entry, for extremely fast access to search, but the toolbar is becoming a bit full…

P.

Forum Admin
                    anticapitalista

@PPC here is the Gitlab repo

https://gitlab.com/antiX-Linux/antix-finder

It will be included on antiX-23.1-full.

User can add it to the taskbar(s)

PPC

here is the Gitlab repo

https://gitlab.com/antiX-Linux/antix-finder

It will be included on antiX-23.1-full.

Cool!
                        Thanks for letting me know!

P.

Wallon

@Wallon – I’ll testdrive the script, but I can’t really analise the code changes in depth.
                          On the localization file- most echo statements are not really for the user to see, just to help me debug what the script is doing, so I think localizing them would be useless work for the localization team… Examples of this echo outputs (from lines refered in the localization file):
                          – 19, 20, 23, 27, 31

Dear PPC,

Sorry, I was busy outside the house. I wasn’t able to reply straight away.

If you don’t want to have your internal controls translated, you can
                          1) Remove them from your programme if it is working well,
                          2) If you don’t want to delete them, you can comment out the line so that they don’t appear when the *.pot or po files are created. If the “mv_” variable is not used in another string, you can even delete it and leave echo “text…” in your (commented) internal control.
                          3) Delete the entries in the *.pot file, but all developers will have forgotten in a few years why the strings were not in the *.pot file. This is the worst solution of the three.

It’s your decision to make. I can’t do it for you.
                          I’ll release the latest version of the *.pot file and put up some comments to help the translators. Just give me some time.

Kind regards,
                          Wallon

Wallon

Dear PPC,

Here is the latest version of the *.pot file with comments to help translators.

You can (but don’t have to) open the file with Geany and put the finder version number on line 9
                            Replace the line;
                            “Project-Id-Version: finder version\n”
                            with
                            “Project-Id-Version: finder version 123456\n”.

Kind regards,
                            Wallon

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Wallon.
                            Attachments:
                            PPC

Dear Wallon

Is it possible for you to directly commit the .pot file to https://gitlab.com/antiX-Linux/antix-finder ? I’m having problems with gitlab…

P.

Wallon

Dear PPC,

I have sent finder.pot with comments to Git.

Kind regards,
                                Wallon

PPC

@Wallon. I had to make a commit altering the script. The title of the “Please wait” window can’t be localized, the “kill” command won’t work. So I changed it’s title to “Finder”, on all 3 “Please wait” windows.
                                  If you want to test, I attach that corrected version…

P.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by PPC.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 176 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.