gnome-system-tools did not display the menu icon

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” gnome-system-tools did not display the menu icon

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jan 19-6:49 pm by melodie.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    melodie

Hello,

using Bento antiX built with the Buster version, in the LXPanel menu I didn’t see the icon meant for the Config Users menu. So I did a research in the system and found this:

the desktop menu file /usr/share/applications/users.desktop has “Icon=config-users”, while the related icons have “system-config-users.png”, only in the papyrus-antix icon theme.

I changed the Icon section to reflect that in the desktop file so my problem is solved. I thought I would report it here so it can be addressed eventually.

Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

Both papirus-antix and papirus-mini-antix do have config-users.png in 24/24/apps and 48×48/apps

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

melodie

Both papirus-antix and papirus-mini-antix do have config-users.png in 24/24/apps and 48×48/apps

Thank you for your help.

I can see now you are right. I reverted what I did and the icon has again disappeared. Instead of changing the desktop file and copying this icon in /usr/share/pixmaps, I copied the config-users.png to /usr/share/pixmaps.

I have noticed in previous rebuilds that if an icon from a menu is too far inside subdirectories (in my version) it does not show in the menus. If I copy the files directly under /usr/share/icons it shows, and same in /usr/share/pixmaps (where only are now the icons I copy, so I can keep track if needed).

Eventually if a mean to avoid having to go throught this little annoyance exists, I will be looking forward to know about it.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by melodie. Reason: typo
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.