GRUB installation to AntiX

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions GRUB installation to AntiX

• This topic has 48 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Apr 5-11:25 pm by Lluga.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

hi Lluga

You could also try using gparted and flag the root partition boot and then
    install grub to PBR with boot repair.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Hi again and thanks for the help

I’m still having security problems here

could anyone help me here please ?

thanks

Lluga

by the way

I’m trying to install AntiX to my Desktop, but working from my MX Linux Laptop

Bit weird but have no other option as post a screenshot

View post on imgur.com

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by Lluga.

Lluga, I would guess you got blocked by imgur. My first guess would be that you uploaded huge files. No free site will allow you to upload huge files.

Lluga, Did you try my 2nd suggestion? If not, try it.

If you don’t have enough room on the USB to remaster, try reinstalling bootrepair-antix, then try the boot repair again.
    sudo apt update && sudo apt reinstall bootrepair-antix
    Then rerun the boot repair
    Then reboot

Hello and thanks for the reply,

I would do what you ask me to do. But to do that I would have to copy and paste the command line to the terminal somehow, cause my keyboards wouldn’t have the “&”.
    Anyway in the meanwhile something weird, or maybe not so much, happened.
    – As I changed Monitor the OS were installed correctly. Don’t ask me how please.
    – Now with antiX already and correctly installed, the screen freezes like it already used to with windows OS and specially after I tried to make updates.
    This is exactly what used to happen with windows OS. After trying to perform some updates or do something sensitive the machine begins to freeze somewhere.
    So I think I really do have a hardware problem maybe ?!?.
    One side I don’t know if the 2 x 1Gb DIMMs I have are enough to the OS to run correctly. Or is it other problem ?!?
    I plugged a 4DIg POST diagnose Card I bought in, and if my guess is correct the codes that were shown 2423 for a Phoenix MOBO mean :

23 – “slave interrupt mask register failure/bad” error (problem with IC Interrupt Controller ?!?!?)
    24 – “set ES segment register to 4Gb” error

I really don’t know if these are the problems and if they are how to manage that
    I’ll try to post some more images

thanks for reply

Lluga

PS : don’t know what the first screen mean, the 2nd is the update attempt before freezing, the 3rd is the result of the 4 digit POST diagnose Card

Can you run a Memory test when you boot? Or run Diagnostic tests from the BIOS setup? To be honest, if you have hardware problems, programming isn’t going to fix that.

Based on your keyboard problem, I am guessing your machine isn’t setup for English, and likely English isn’t your normal language, either. Why don’t you tell us what language you and your computer are familiar with in case there is someone here that can help you in your own language? Maybe there is a school near you or a friend that is more familiar with computers or Linux?

Instructions to copy/paste in the commands:
    To copy and paste from the browser to a terminal is easy:

Highlight the text in the browser with the mouse, the press Ctrl C

Leave browser open, go to terminal session, Click Edit then Paste, then press Enter and the command should run

BTW, you could type in the command as 2 separate commands, pressing Enter after each

sudo apt update
    sudo apt reinstall bootrepair-antix

Linuxdaddy’s suggestion might also work

PS: don’t worry about first error screen.

Maybe there is a problem with the hard drive???

:))

thanks a lot again

BIOS Diagnostics still have to figure out
    Memory test reports no errors
    my language is Portuguese, but I won’t use Portuguese here, cause it’s important to me to make the things in English
    I’m already to old to go to a school near me or to ask help to a friend. Actually I’m alone where I am 🙂

Ok the tip to copy / paste the commands is actually a very good option, before I can fix the Keyboard Issue

I’ll come back

Thanks

Lluga

by the way

this time the Memory test went stuck somewhere 🙁

it must be really a hardware Issue, maybe must change HDD or MOBO as you said

Ok, go try the suggestions in post 56240 that I made and if that doesn’t work try the one from post 56192 by linuxdaddy.

Are you sure the drive is jumpered and cabled correctly? Maybe substitute in a different disk drive that you know is good and format and reinstall it from scratch.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.