GTK Theme for sleek2fluX / sleek2antiX

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics GTK Theme for sleek2fluX / sleek2antiX

• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Feb 25-10:25 am by rokytnji.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sleekmason

Here is the original gtk theme “DeepCyan” meant to go with sleek2fluX and sleek2antiX.

THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH ROX-FILER, BUT DOES WITH THUNAR. Dont know why. (solved! see below) Probably because it’s old. If I get time, I will try to update the theme:)

Anonymous

The fact that rox-filer doesn’t abide gtk theming is a “feature”, not a bug.
        In the rox-filer “Options” panel, you can select background color + select whether or not to apply zebra-striping
        and are able to specify customized, per filetype, text color for filenames/details.
        Also, you can select from among several iconsets for the toolbar buttons.
        The only “unthemed” or “non-customizable” details that spring to mind are toolbar bgcolor + scrollbars.

http://github.com/antix-skidoo/rox-filer
        rox-filer_2.12-ski_amd64.deb if you care to testdrive my improved version (improved features, improved docs).
        Across 8mos use, it has been bug-free; as time permits, I intend to issue a further release containing a few additional features.

Forum Admin
        anticapitalista

Double-click rox – oh no!

How do I change that?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

sleekmason

rox-filer_2.12-ski_amd64.deb if you care to testdrive my improved version (improved features, improved docs).
            Across 8mos use, it has been bug-free; as time permits, I intend to issue a further release containing a few additional features.

Nice! Will check it out. Already downloaded. Rox-filer keeps growing on me. The image zoom for thumbnails rocks!

sleekmason

Okay! *SOLVED

THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH ROX-FILER, BUT DOES WITH THUNAR.

For rox-filer:
              right-click > options > coulors
              Change the ‘directory’ ‘regular file’ ‘executable file’ colors and maybe a couple of others to a light blue and your good! Something like #85ECEA

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by sleekmason.
              Anonymous

Double-click rox – oh no!

How do I change that?

(cringe, we’re hijacking sleekmason’s “DeepCyan” GTK Theme topic)

Both for ski version and for stock version, single/doubleclick toggle is available via the rox Options dialog window.
                Or you can manually edit the config file.
                Or maybe (more likely) you’re just venting your displeasure toward the dblclick-by-default behavior.

ps:
                Part of the instructed test regimen (topic now buried in oldforums archive) was to revert, install stock version, after testdriving
                to verify that the configfiles written by the earlier version remain, undisturbed.
                (the new version intentionally uses differently-named configfiles, to accommodate the possibility of reverting)

sleekmason

NEED A TESTER OR TWO!

Just created an update to the decade old GTK theme DeepCyan.

The new one (nothing wrong with the old either if you like), is based off of Murrina, and uses the Murrine engine more common with GnomeGTK, and unlikely to be deprecated any time soon, if ever. The process to do this is all sorts of fun, but I believe I have improved on the DeepCyan theme.

Please let me know what you think, and any disturbing visuals that may need to be addressed.
                  To install:
                  simply unzip somewhere in your ~/home/$user and then place in /usr/share/themes

To change your theme, open up the control center and choose –> change gtk2 thems and icons –> select SleekCyan.

Forum Admin
                  rokytnji

NEED A TESTER OR TWO!

Changed rox filer directory and executable files to white. So to see theme better . I can change back to stock for my other themes. So no biggy.

Oh yeah. I don’t disturb easy. So nothing to report. If wanting me to test with sleek2flux style.

Forgot to mention. Tested on AntiX 15.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
                    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
                    Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
                    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

sleekmason

Looks great! Thank you.

Changed rox filer directory and executable files to white. So to see theme better .

Yeah, for Rox-filer, you have to change the font color settings in “options” The color code to match the rest is #85ECEA. Thunar and others follow the GTK font colors.

Forum Admin
                      rokytnji

This is how it looks in Icewm. I am using lintherd 1.2.14-double-1.1 in Icewm theme for the rest. Wallpaper is by Sakasa. From http://www.opendesktop.org/member/79318/

I guess I’ll mention this. For anyone reading this. I unzipped his file I downloaded. Then put it in ~/.themes . The hidden folder in /home/username.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
                        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
                        Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
                        How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.