GUI (graphical frontend) for espeak machine speaker and recorder

Forum Forums General Tips and Tricks GUI (graphical frontend) for espeak machine speaker and recorder

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Apr 17-6:08 am by RJP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    RJP

Packages espeak, yad and sox to be installed. Not so good than Gespeaker but working with every systems.

PPC

Nice effort… but please see the thread https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/tts-text-to-speech-in-linux-piper/ on Piper, a much better tts engine. The thread includes instructions on how to install and use it and also a simple GUI that I wrote.

Comparing espeak with Piper is like comparing riding a horse to flying in a plane (but that’s just my opinion).

P.

RJP

Horse is much reliable than airplane. 😉

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by RJP.
          PPC

Well, Piper’s voice quality is very good in the 3 languages I tested… but not all languages have feminine and masculine voices (pt and pt_br don’t). Piper generates what I call “Google like TTS” in almost real time, even in relatively slow computers, and creates tts audio files about has fast as some on-line services (and as good or better than those audio files).
            I did not mean to say espeak is bad in itself, it’s been “reliable” (as you so well put it) for ages, I just wanted to remind you that the FOSS world if full of extremely nice alternatives for almost any task you can think of…

P.

RJP

If you think that espeak is too old, you can use espeak-ng version (MACHINESPEAKER-NG).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.