GUI to manage width of the IceWM toolbar

Forum Forums antiX-development Development GUI to manage width of the IceWM toolbar

• This topic has 46 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated Jan 1-1:43 pm by Robin.
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    PPC

Many thanks, Robin- I did try to take a look at the resources made available in this thread – but It was overwhelming… It took me months to years to get the hang of yad, that’s far simpler. I did try to take a look at your script – to be honest I could not make heads or tails of them, so I stuck with the original antixCC script as close as I could, modifying one single bit at a time, to make sure everything was working.

It expects named icons.

Of course it does. Let’s pretend I know nothing about what that means. I’m just scratching my head because I have an itch 🙂

I thought about using sed to process the variables and replace the backslash… It failed to work, of course. Then I remembered you saying something about the way gtkdialong handles variables and I just gave up. Is there a way you can take a look at the script and take care of the missing pieces:
      – replacing the “\” on variables
      – naming the icon and using it

I’m spent after trying to learn gtkdialog basics, giving up and simply adapting the entire script from yad by adapting the antiXcc code almost line by line…

Like I said, I think it’s perfectly usable, but what’s still missing could make it look a bit more polished (and easier to use on smaller screens, part of the point of adapting the original script to have tabs)

P.

Robin

using sed to process the variables and replace the backslash

I do it this way, simple bash parameter expansion:
        datum="${datum//\//∕}"
        The stacket fence looks weird, but works great for all kind of replacements on the fly while reading from variables. Therein the last one is the replacement in the above example, it is the u2215, and the masked slash in the middle \/ is the pattern to be replaced. The other slashes belong to the expected syntax of this type of replacement.
        Check out line 332 in antiXradio to find out how this is done.
        And search for ” parameter expansion” ( please put three blanks in front of the word parameter) in man bash, scroll down then a bit to section “Pattern substitution”.

—–
        Edit says: Btw, if you want to feed something to sed you’d need to mask all slashes also by preceding them by a backslash / → \/ when using it’s default separators, which are also slashes.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.