Happy Thanksgiving

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio Happy Thanksgiving

• This topic has 13 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated Dec 3-8:19 pm by linuxdaddy.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    partsmanpartsman

Just wanted to say to those who are celebrating Thanksgiving :

Happy Thanksgiving all 😉

Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

masinickmasinick

Happy Thanksgiving!

Brian Masinick

ohhohh

Happy Thanksgiving

cheers,
    ohh

Every matter requires prior knowledge.

- Du Mu
    The Art of War

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

Bacon wrapped Turkey and Deviled Eggs I see in my future today.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

Hopefully all had a happy and safe thanksgiving 🙂 this year. And give thanks to
    all that you are grateful for and send prayer and wishes to those less off than you are.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

not quite sure what to think on latest headlines this week of.

President Trump showed up in Afghanistan on Thursday for a surprise Thanksgiving visit with troops engaged in America's longest-ever military conflict. Mr. Trump arrived at Bagram Air Field shortly after 8:30 p.m. local time and spent more than two-and-a-half hours on the ground, speaking to troops and meeting with Afghanistan's president.
    from cbs news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-trump-makes-surprise-thanksgiving-visit-to-afghanistan-today/

but if he did spend the holiday with the troops then I salute that 🙂

Normal == 🙂

from cbs news.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-trump-makes-surprise-thanksgiving-visit-to-afghanistan-today/

but if he did spend the holiday with the troops then I salute that

Thanks for the link.
    Seems unusually neutral report from CBS. A break from typically hostile propaganda representing corrupt liberal politicians and arrogant big corporations controlling mass media in USA…

VWVW

not quite sure what to think on latest headlines this week

Headlines like this, you mean?

Virginia to Outlaw Kickboxing, Tai Chi, Firearms Instruction and Self-defense Training

The State of Virginia is proposing a new 2020 law known as SB64 (see link here) which will be taken up by the Senate beginning January 8, 2020.

The law would instantly transform all martial arts instructors into criminal felons. This includes instructors who teach kickboxing, BJJ, Krav Maga, boxing and even Capoeira.

It would also criminalize all firearms training classes, including concealed carry classes.

It would even criminalize a father teaching his own son how to use a hunting rifle.

Surely that is just so un-American? But I guess we all have to be thankful on Thanksgiving. When I think back to when we used to watch “The Virginian” on our TVs as kids.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by VW.

"Are governments capable of evil? Of course they are, but they are far more capable of incompetence". - Sherlock Holmes

fungalnetfungalnet

If you want to play with firearms you should volunteer to go to Syria, Iraq, Libya, and guard the oil fields for US oil companies, or go to Afghanistan and protect poppy-fields for US pharmaceuticals (and other dealers).

The “freedom” of celebrating thanksgiving has a cost you know.

Trump wrote: “When these pundit fools who have called the Middle East wrong for 20 years ask what we are getting out of the deal, I simply say, THE OIL”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/24/us-military-syria-tanks-oil-fields

VWVW

Wee Donnie has landed over here now. He sure is running up the airmiles. But never fear, Americans just love paying their taxes to finance his travels to play golf. It makes them feel so thankful 🙂

"Are governments capable of evil? Of course they are, but they are far more capable of incompetence". - Sherlock Holmes

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

These biscuits and ,turkey gravy fixing leftovers, are pretty good with eggs this morning.

Sometimes. Leftovers taste better than fresh.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

When I think back to when we used to watch “The Virginian” on our TVs as kids.

Strange things start to happen in Virginia… Democrats along with all large corporations supporting them against core citizens made huge political investments in Virginia. You can see the results in recent elections. Freedoms gradually restricted through senseless regulation follow.

linuxdaddylinuxdaddy

VW wrote:

Headlines like this, you mean?

Virginia to Outlaw Kickboxing, Tai Chi, Firearms Instruction and Self-defense Training

exactly and ones like the ohio abortion. I posted the Trump one because it was neutral for
    CBS and showed him spending time with the troops as commander in chief on thanksgiving.

Normal == 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.