Hell Trying to Install OBS-Studio

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” Hell Trying to Install OBS-Studio

• This topic has 15 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Feb 16-9:28 pm by Dave.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I have been trying to install OBS-Studio. The apt-get and Synaptic downloads only the sh!ttest old version, that doesn’t even have dlive.tv as one of the streaming services by default. So I tried to build using the instructions here(for Debian build) https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Install-Instructions, with the result that it marked a bunch of essential stuff like xwindows for deletion, with the result that I had no windows on reboot, just a login terminal. I gave up and tried again to install using Synaptic and when trying to stream or record, the application unceremoniously closes entirely the instant I hit stream or record.

Now I seem to be getting closer to what I need to do, to get the latest repository information… (to be continued)

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anarchore.
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anarchore.
    Attachments:

I try to add the latest repository list…

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anarchore.

It says there is not a Release file for it…

Attachments:

What is the best way to get the latest OBS installed? Nothing is working for me…

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anarchore.

Back to trying to build this shit fukn thing, it says checkinstall not found, so deleted it from this list…
    sudo apt-get install \
    build-essential \
    checkinstall \
    cmake \
    git \
    libmbedtls-dev \
    libasound2-dev \
    libavcodec-dev \
    libavdevice-dev \
    libavfilter-dev \
    libavformat-dev \
    libavutil-dev \
    libcurl4-openssl-dev \
    libfdk-aac-dev \
    libfontconfig-dev \
    libfreetype6-dev \
    libgl1-mesa-dev \
    libjack-jackd2-dev \
    libjansson-dev \
    libluajit-5.1-dev \
    libpulse-dev \
    libqt5x11extras5-dev \
    libspeexdsp-dev \
    libswresample-dev \
    libswscale-dev \
    libudev-dev \
    libv4l-dev \
    libvlc-dev \
    libx11-dev \
    libx264-dev \
    libxcb-shm0-dev \
    libxcb-xinerama0-dev \
    libxcomposite-dev \
    libxinerama-dev \
    pkg-config \
    python3-dev \
    qtbase5-dev \
    libqt5svg5-dev \
    swig

Attachments:

Check it out, it says xserver-xorg-*** to be REMOVED… fuckin retarded man… if I want to build OBS-Studio, it is going to make my system unusable.. what teh fck this goddamn crap RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments:

Check it out, trying to build for debian.. just to download this fuckin bullshit fuckin thing it wants to destroy my OS… fucking retardation holy fuck I hate Linux sometimes..
    https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Install-Instructions

I went through the list of the required packages and found the culprit was “libudev-dev \”, who wants to not only destroy your xserver but also destroys apt-get so you can’t even try to fix it … I’m going to assume this was a accident (I still want to punch the guy in the face who included that there… I had to reinstall twice before I noticed the error was from this list of goddamn packages) and will attempt to build without that package.

FUK
    ing
    bull
    shit

I guess I will download MX Linux, this has broken me.

Attachments:
    XecureXecure

You could try building it portable:
    https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Install-Instructions#linux-portable-mode-all-distros

Other options:

In OBS website, right now the official current version for linux v. 24.0.3 (and 24.06 for Mac)
    Going to debian repo:
    https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=obs-studio

Source Package obs-studio

stretch (misc): 0.15.4+dfsg1-1
    Binary packages: libobs-dev, libobs0, obs-plugins, obs-studio
    buster (misc): 22.0.3+dfsg1-1
    bullseye (misc): 24.0.6+dfsg1-1
    sid (misc): 24.0.6+dfsg1-1

As you can see the Unofficial version on Debian Testing is 24.0.6. I am not sure if the versioning follows OBS official version, but at least it is newer in testing than in Buster.
    You could try:
    a) Change repos to testing and only install obs-studio (and corresponding related packages) and return the repos to Buster (stable)
    b) Migrate to Testing for life.

I just tried Option a) and it went well, at least for OBS-studio (I am not saving these changes on my persistent USB, so maybe after this you cannot return to your system on reboot)
    Steps:
    1. Run Antix Repo Manager, Move to “Debian repo” tab, disable Buster repos and enable Testing Repos. Apply and exit
    2. Run in terminal

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install obs-studio

3. Return to Repo Manger and disable Testing and enable Buster (just the other way around).
    If living in Testing is too risky, you could always have a separate USB with antiX 19 testing only for OSB

I searched for appimages but I think you have to build them yourself.

Good luck

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Wow what a drama queen. Don’t know why I’m bothering posting this with your attitude.

Go here http://mxrepo.com/mx/testrepo/pool/test/o/obs-studio/

download these 3 debs

libobs0_24.0.6+dfsg1-1~mx19+1_amd64.deb
    obs-studio_24.0.6+dfsg1-1~mx19+1_amd64.deb
    obs-plugins_24.0.6+dfsg1-1~mx19+1_amd64.deb

cd to the folder you downloaded to and then install using

dpkg -i *.deb

then run

apt -f install

to get the missing dependencies.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

XecureXecure

I guess I will download MX Linux,

I just checked and MX linux does have the latest OBS studio in their test repo. you could also add the MX linux test repo to your list and install it from there.
    #deb http://la.mxrepo.com/mx/testrepo/ buster test

Ninja’d by anticapitalista

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Xecure.

Nothing is working for me
    fuckin retarded man…
    fuckin bullshit fuckin thing
    shit fukn thing
    the sh!ttest old version
    fucking retardation holy fuck

As you wrote
    what teh fck this goddamn crap which you wrote in a public forum.

Wow what a drama queen. Don’t know why I’m bothering posting this with your attitude.

Go here http://mxrepo.com/mx/testrepo/pool/test/o/obs-studio/

download these 3 debs

libobs0_24.0.6+dfsg1-1~mx19+1_amd64.deb
    obs-studio_24.0.6+dfsg1-1~mx19+1_amd64.deb
    obs-plugins_24.0.6+dfsg1-1~mx19+1_amd64.deb

cd to the folder you downloaded to and then install using

dpkg -i *.deb

then run

apt -f install

to get the missing dependencies.

It all worked but there is no obs icon and nothing happens when I type obs, obs-studio etc in terminal. I have installed MX-linux 19.1 so don’t know if that should make a difference.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by anarch01. Reason: 19.1

You could try building it portable:
    https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/wiki/Install-Instructions#linux-portable-mode-all-distros

Other options:

In OBS website, right now the official current version for linux v. 24.0.3 (and 24.06 for Mac)
    Going to debian repo:
    https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=sourcenames&keywords=obs-studio

Source Package obs-studio

stretch (misc): 0.15.4+dfsg1-1
    buster (misc): 22.0.3+dfsg1-1
    bullseye (misc): 24.0.6+dfsg1-1
    sid (misc): 24.0.6+dfsg1-1

As you can see the Unofficial version on Debian Testing is 24.0.6. I am not sure if the versioning follows OBS official version, but at least it is newer in testing than in Buster.
    You could try:
    a) Change repos to testing and only install obs-studio (and corresponding related packages) and return the repos to Buster (stable)
    b) Migrate to Testing for life.

I just tried Option a) and it went well, at least for OBS-studio (I am not saving these changes on my persistent USB, so maybe after this you cannot return to your system on reboot)
    Steps:
    1. Run Antix Repo Manager, Move to “Debian repo” tab, disable Buster repos and enable Testing Repos. Apply and exit
    2. Run in terminal

sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install obs-studio

3. Return to Repo Manger and disable Testing and enable Buster (just the other way around).
    If living in Testing is too risky, you could always have a separate USB with antiX 19 testing only for OSB

I searched for appimages but I think you have to build them yourself.

Good luck

I tried the testing with MX Linux installed, it ends up the same in the end lately… really messed up and totally unresponsive. I was going to try flatpaks, but apparently they are dependent on the internet to work, unless you download 600MB worth of updates. I downloaded about 100MB and lost patience and just closed the window, that’s a lot of bloat just to run OBS.

I am going to try Devuan and no doubt soon be complaining to them that OBS doesn’t install properly. I guess the problem is that OBS isn’t one program, it is a bunch of stuff duct taped together, which is fine when it works. Is this a manifestation of systemd, that it is so hard to install in non systemd distros? Ubuntu installs it fine.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Hell Trying to Install OBS-Studio’ is closed to new replies.