Hello…

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello…

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Aug 13-9:06 pm by r_chase.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    r_chase

Hello. My name is Chase and I’m very new to antiX. I like to make music with FL Studio in my free time.

I usually get Wine up and running for this and lately I’ve been testing Wine installs with that 3D Space Cadet pinball thing from the WinXP era. It works on antiX Wine, but I can’t seem to get the sound running.

I also need help getting PulseAudio up and running too, but I’m not sure how since volume control thing be sticking at the “Connecting to Server thing” or whatever.

Anyway, it’s pretty obvious that there’s more to learn about this new system. I have it install on my old ThinkPad X140e and it works great so far. I had a hiccups but I managed to fix most of them by myself with some research on this very forum.

So, thanks for being there up to this point where I created this very account.

Sincerely,
    Chase E.

P.S.: I still need help with Wine sound and PulseAudio. I might create a different topic for that.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by r_chase.
    caprea
    Helpful
    Up

Hi r–chase, welcome to the antiX-forum. For the pulseaudio problem this should help, the pulseaudio daemon does not autostart.
    https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/how-to-set-pulseaudio-default/#post-54889

r_chase
    Helpful
    Up

Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind when I get to it.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome to this small antiX community.

Following caprea’s advice should enable pulseaudio to start after you log in. If you experience problems, please explain to us in a bit more detail what you have done, what you are experiencing and how you expect everything should be working.

Welcome.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

r_chase
    Helpful
    Up

Well, I got the audio worked out now, but thanks for reassuring me.
    PulseAudio is now go with Wine in tow.

Still gotta couple things to work on, but at least I can make music in FL Studio again.

Thanks again.

Chase.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.