Hello

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello

• This topic has 9 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated Jan 22-7:24 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    popire

Hello from France.
      AntiX is installed on
      Asus EEE PC
      Samsung N130
      Dell Inspiron 6000

Great distro !

Brian Masinick

@popire: Welcome to the antiX community!

--
        Brian Masinick

PPC

Hi and welcome!

Samsung N130

My netbook has the same tech specs as this device, and it antiX runs great on it!
          Tips:
          -for browsing on it – Firefox ESR (the default browser), Seamonkey, Min Browser, Palemoon
          – Office suite: use the Libreoffice (the default office suite) or OpenOffice- here in the forum, in the Openoffice Thread, we have an appimage for OpenOffice – it allows you to enable quickstart – that launches office apps in about one second (without uninstalling LibreOffice)
          – Media Player: Xine media player (it’s the xine-ui package, in the repo) MPV (correctly configured) and VLC (correctly configured)- one of this choices should allow you to play full HD video files even in that single core computer
          – Streaming Video – Use Smplayer to watch youtube videos (or Seamonkey/Min to watch them from YouTube.com, in 360p). To watch streaming DRM videos (Netflix, Diosney +, etc)- Electron player , available here- http://github.com/oscartbeaumont/ElectronPlayer/releases

They old machine should do almost everything newer devices do, just a little bit slower, but running much faster than some modern devices with other OSes

P.

Forum Admin
          rokytnji

Howdy and Welcome.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
            I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
            Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
            How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Rantanplan

Bonjour Popire,

bienvenue sur le forum et dans le monde antiX qui effectivement est une grande distribution.

Je t’invite si tu ne l’as pas déjà fait à te documenter en consultant les “comment faire” de PPC, d’anilkagi de Spartak77.
              Si tu lis l’anglais dans le texte, il est préférable de lire les originaux, sinon il y en a qq uns traduit dans notre belle langue.

C’est un forum comme j’en ai rarement consulté où les intervenants et la plupart des membres sont de bon alloi et toujours prêts à aider.

Bonne découverte.

Sincères salutations.

Paix et amitié.

Vive antiX !
              Vive le Groland !

marcelocripe

Hello popire.

Welcome to antiX Linux and the forum.

I don’t know how to write in English and I send my texts translated by the internet translator. I hope you can understand everything, if your native language is not English, please translate my original Brazilian Portuguese text directly into your language with the help of internet translators.

Regardless of your level of knowledge about GNU/Linux, I recommend you read these excellent tutorials created by @PPC:

What is antiX and how to try it out or install it.
                Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie.
                How-to install applications – 2020 version.
                How to: correctly use antiX forum.

When I first started using antiX, I read the tutorials that PPC created, these readings saved me a lot of time and I think it saves time for any new antiX user. Your time will not be wasted with these readings, everything will seem to be much easier than you could imagine. You won’t waste your time searching the internet or even creating new topics, on the contrary, you will gain a lot of time with these readings.

I recommend you try out desktops that have “zzz” in their name. I usually use zzz-IceWM or zzz-JWM or zzz-Fluxbox (each of these desktops has its own characteristics and consumes more or less resources), zzzFM will be the default file manager for your desktop, it it is very similar to the other file managers of other GNU/Linux distributions and Windows XP. To access other antiX workspaces, click on Menu, Desktop, Other Desktops and click on the workspace name, instantly the workspace will be loaded.

Whenever you need to ask for help or technical support in this forum, please explain in detail what is happening, don’t mince words, be thorough when writing, tell your computer characteristics such as make and model. If possible, post the result of the command $ inxi -Fxz from the terminal, copy and paste here in the message of the topic that you are going to create in this forum.

When you start a topic or participate with a post, remember to check the option “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”, by checking this option, you will receive a message in your email box whenever there are replies from topic in question.

marcelocripe
                (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese language)

– – – – –

Olá popire.

Seja bem-vindo(a) ao antiX Linux e ao fórum.

Eu não sei escrever em idioma Inglês e envio os meus textos traduzidos pelo tradutor da internet. Eu espero que você consiga compreender tudo, caso o seu idioma nativo não seja o Inglês, por favor, traduza o meu texto original em idioma Português do Brasil diretamente para o seu idioma com a ajuda dos tradutores da internet.

Independentemente do seu nível de conhecimento sobre GNU/Linux, eu recomendo você ler estes excelentes tutoriais criados pelo @PPC:

What is antiX and how to try it out or install it.
                Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie.
                How-to install applications – 2020 version.
                How to: correctly use antiX forum.

Quando eu comecei a utilizar o antiX, eu li os tutoriais que o PPC criou, estas leituras me pouparam muito do meu tempo e acho que poupa o tempo de qualquer novo usuário do antiX. O seu tempo não será perdido com estas leituras, tudo parecerá ser muito mais fácil do que você poderia imaginar. Você não perderá o seu tempo com pesquisas na internet ou até mesmo em criar novos tópicos, ao contrário, você ganhará muito tempo com estas leituras.

Eu recomendo você experimentar as áreas de trabalho que possuem “zzz” em seu nome. Eu costumo utilizar o zzz-IceWM ou zzz-JWM ou zzz-Fluxbox (cada uma destas áreas de trabalho possuem características próprias e consomem mais ou menos recursos), o zzzFM será o gerenciador de arquivos padrão da sua área de trabalho, ele é muito semelhante aos outros gerenciadores de arquivos das outras distribuições GNU/Linux e do Windows XP. Para acessar as outras áreas de trabalho do antiX, clique no Menu, Área de Trabalho, Alternar Entre as Áreas de Trabalho e clique sobre o nome da área de trabalho, instantaneamente a área de trabalho será carregada.

Sempre que você precisar solicitar ajuda ou suporte técnico neste fórum, explique com detalhes o que está acontecendo, não economize as palavras, seja minucioso ao escrever, informe as características do seu computador, como a marca e o modelo. Se for possível, poste o resultado do comando $ inxi -Fxz do terminal, copie e cole aqui na mensagem do tópico que você for criar neste fórum.

Quando você iniciar algum tópico ou participar com alguma postagem, lembre-se de marcar a opção “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”, marcando esta opção, você receberá uma mensagem na sua caixa de e-mail sempre que houver respostas do tópico em questão.

marcelocripe
                (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

astronut

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Attachments:

AntiX, Lilidog, PCLinuxOS, Mabox, SparkyLinux, Bodhi

Rantanplan

Hi @astronut,

Well found the GIF file: Excellent.

Have a good day.

Vive antiX !
                    Vive le Groland !

Shail Murtaza

Hello
                      hellow `Hello
                      asdf`
                      hellow Hello 123213 0909

Hellow

Hello

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Shail Murtaza.
                      seaken64

Hi @popire. Welcome to antiX. Glad you like it. Can you share the specs on this machines so we can see what your running antiX on? Are you using the modern or legacy kernel?

Seaken64

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.