Hello and thank you

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello and thank you

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated May 6-10:13 am by PPC.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sterretje

Good evening ( at my side of the world 😉 )

Just registered after a successful install of Antix19-3 (32 bit) on an old laptop with with a Core2 Duo and 1GB Ram.

I have been distro shopping for a few days as the old WinXP / Ubuntu 12.04 dual boot was a bit slow. A short venture with BunsenLabs did not improve the situation, a quick look at Slitaz (which ran out of memory while setting up the Wifi 🙁 ) and now Antix. Impressed with the speed that the Antix devs have managed to squeeze out of this oldie so a big thank you for that.

A little bit of background. My name is Wim and I’m a jack of all trades and master of none when it comes to computing; software developer for Linux, Windows and embedded systems, non-certified Linux system administrator for the old RedHats and Slackware, tester ( a day not finding a bug in new software is a day not worth living 😉 ) and support engineer.

I’ve been running dual boot systems from the days of Windows 2000 and RedHat 6.2 but lost interest in Linux a number of years ago. I’m now picking it up again.

Time permitting, I will hang around here to increase my knowledge of Antix and once confident possibly assist others.

Regards, sterretje

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Greetings sterretje and welcome to the antiX forum.

I hope that you enjoy antiX and continue in our forum discussions.

Brian Masinick

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Wim,

Welcome to the antiX Linux forum.

If I have correctly understood the translation of your text into my language, you are experienced in several GNU / Linux distributions. After you get to know antiX a little more, you can, if you want, test: antiX-19.4 for testers, antiX-bullseye-a2-runit_x64-full.iso available, antiX-bullseye-a2-x64-full available and so many other programs that are available here on the testing forum.

When you start a topic or participate with a post, remember to check the option “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”.

I will send my texts translated by the internet translator, I hope you can understand everything.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá Wim,

Seja bem-vindo ao fórum do antiX Linux.

Se eu compreendi corretamente a tradução do seu texto para o meu idioma, você é experiente em várias distribuições GNU/Linux. Após você conhecer um pouco mais o antiX, poderá, se quiser, testar: antiX-19.4 for testers, antiX-bullseye-a2-runit_x64-full.iso available, antiX-bullseye-a2-x64-full available e tantos outros programas que estão disponíveis aqui no fórum para testes.

Quando você iniciar algum tópico ou participar com alguma postagem, lembre-se de marcar a opção “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”.

Eu enviarei os meus textos traduzidos pelo tradutor da internet, eu espero que você consiga compreender tudo.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

PPC
    Helpful
    Up

hi, Wim, welcome and, if you have not done so, do check up all apps included in antiX- there’s stuff for every taste:
    – streamlight and smtube allow you to watch youtube even if your browser does not allow you to or streams videos too slowly
    – claws e-mail client is not the prettiest app in the world- but it’s insanely fast and full of features
    – package installer is a handy small “antiX app store” with some of the most used applications (it has a great web browser selection, for example)
    – there are some apps that were tweaked to work better than the original: for example the badwolf browser (great for low powered devices, instalable from synaptic or via the terminal); and you can search here on the forum for zzzfm a modern replacement for spacefm file browser, etc…
    – the live options are the most feature rich in the Linux world, and you can image make a bootable snaptshot of your system, how cool is that?
    All these apps were designed to allow you to make the most possible use from very old computer, and make antiX fly on anything resembling a modern pc.

P.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.