Hello everyone

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello everyone

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Mar 28-11:44 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    The Dark Side

Hello everyone, The Dark Side is featured around here. greetings

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

Hey, The Dark Side, welcome to the forums!

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

May the fourth be with you, greetings!

(For the “uninitiated”, “The Dark Side” was part of the “Force” in the well-known movie series, “Star Wars”. Fourth was a “play on words”. The “Americans” and others who have seen this movie understand all of the references. Apologies to those to whom all of these “odd”, seemingly meaningless words have been confusing). We definitely welcome and include everyone.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Brian Masinick.

Brian Masinick

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

@The Dark Side : >>> you may enter …. yoda is amused …. lol
    welcome and glad you found antiX.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

rayluo
    Helpful
    Up

The force is strong with this one…

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello The Dark Side,

Welcome to antiX Linux and the forum.

When you start a topic or participate with a post, remember to check the option “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá The Dark Side,

Seja bem-vindo ao antiX Linux e ao fórum.

Quando você iniciar algum tópico ou participar com alguma postagem, lembre-se de marcar a opção “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

The Dark Side
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you all very much for the warm and friendly welcome !!! Greetings.

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

Hello The Dark Side. Welcome to the antiX forum. What kind of machine(s) do you run antiX on?

Seaken64

The Dark Side
    Helpful
    Up

Hello seaken64. I’m running AntiX on an old laptop that only supports 32 bits, has 1.5 GB of RAM and a 1.4 Ghz Intel Celeron processor so you can’t ask for much. AntiX works perfect here, best regards.

PS, sorry for taking a long time to reply, I haven’t entered the forum for several days …

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Hello seaken64. I’m running AntiX on an old laptop that only supports 32 bits, has 1.5 GB of RAM and a 1.4 Ghz Intel Celeron processor so you can’t ask for much. AntiX works perfect here, best regards.

PS, sorry for taking a long time to reply, I haven’t entered the forum for several days …

Greetings again. Your particular hardware could be valuable for testing the upcoming antiX 21 release.
    If there is any possibility of downloading one of the antiX Alpha or Beta images prior to the release of antiX 21 and trying it out, then reporting on your experience and documenting any issues found, this would be greatly appreciated; not many people are available to test old 32 bit systems any more and therefore your input is greatly valued; if you are not able to do this, no problem. You are welcome to use whatever you are able to try out. Best wishes with antiX!

Brian Masinick

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

@The Dark Side, I have a couple of old laptops that are similar, but only 512MB of RAM or less. antiX works fairly well with 512MB but 1.5GB is a nice luxury to have.

We’ll be curious what browsers run good on that equipment. I get fairly good results with SeaMonkey with NoScript. And I use the antiX Ad blocker utility. Also like using Links2 and Netsurf.

seaken64

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I hope that each of you will be able to get the 32-bit software and have a successful time using it.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.