Hello from Mikey777

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello from Mikey777

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by rokytnji Aug 26-8:00 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mikey777

Just to say Hello from the UK.
    I’m new to antiX, though been with Linux for last 5 years, migrating to Linux following the demise of WinXP.
    To date, the distros we continue to use for the family’s 64-bit machines are Linux Lite (Ubuntu-based) and Manjaro.

One of our machines is a low-powered i686 laptop (Medion MIM2080) – its spec is 1.5GHz single-core CPU & 980MB RAM.
    I tried it with antiX 17.4.1 32-bit for the first time a few days ago. I have to say that antiX seems to make this lowly machine ‘fly’, though the prepackaged Firefox had to be replaced with Midori to give a usable browsing experience on the internet.

Looking forward to joining in some of the discussions on the forum from time to time.

Something I couldn’t find on the antiX website: what are the end-of-life dates for the stable release versions of …
    – antiX 17
    – antiX 19 when it finally comes out (not the beta version)

Cheers
    Mike

• This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by mikey777.
    VW
    VW

I have this old Dell Inspiron 1501 with a knackered HD that runs antix 17 64 bit on a usb plug. It works surprisingly well.

antix 19 is released when the guys have finished testing, and I think also around the time that anti himself returns to Greece from the UK. He spends summer hiding in Nottingham Forest playing Robin Hood 😉

Honest! 🙂

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Sounds like another pragmatic linux user.

Howdy and Welcome.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.