Hello from UK!

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello from UK!

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Oct 17-12:31 pm by anticapitalista.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m a new member from the Manchester area in the UK. I’ve been trying out AntiX on and off for about four years, have had many frustrations with the distro, but seem to be getting more comfortable with it now. I think it’s the very strong individual character of AntiX which keeps bringing me back to it – I’ve also been an MX user over the same period, and although it’s been a much more reliable and predictable OS than AntiX, it’s also unquestionably a fair bit blander.

Anyway, I’m using it at present as my installed system on a T42 Thinkpad, in 32-bit version 17 (Heather Heyer), and also as a live usb with root persistence (Antix 17, 32-bit again) mainly on even older laptops. Many thanks to all involved with this project!

KooKoo

Howdy Summer Deep

(I’ve also been an MX user over the same period, and although it’s been a much more reliable and predictable OS than AntiX, it’s also unquestionably a fair bit blander.)

I find it hard too believe that anyone could even say this but each to their own I suppose. By the way it is antiX not AntiX have fun.

anitX-19 (5.3.14-antix.1-amd64-smp) + (i3) & 2 Laps T430 17.2 X220 17.4
    Debian 4.19.67-2+deb10u2 + (i3)

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

Howdy and Welcome.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

fatmacfatmac

Welcome aboard. 🙂

I’ve been using AntiX for a few years now as my main, (most times only distro), since the demise of #! (crunchbang), it has served me well on quite a few different laptops, desktops, & now even a chromebook.

(I’m on the Surrey/Hants border.)

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Welcome and enjoy antiX. (I used to live in Salford)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.