Hello there guys , i think i need some help

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello there guys , i think i need some help

This topic contains 26 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by noClue Mar 16-2:14 am.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    udaba

Try removing again the hidden steam folder in home.

well , LOL , i think i broke something . after all this (installed xorg , too) after i boot up into antix i cant use my mouse-keyboard-nothing . dont have ANY idea why.

caprea
    caprea

You have to make a new start, it looks.
    Use the package installer to install apps.
    Why did you install xorg ?

udaba

You have to make a new start, it looks.
    Use the package installer to install apps.
    Why did you install xorg ?

i thought it was the tool supporting my intel hd graphics card and i was needed that.

caprea
    caprea

Everything you need for the intelcard is installed on antiX-full by default.

Maybe a new install is faster.
    Unless someone’s got a super smart idea what was removed during your trials.

udaba

Everything you need for the intelcard is installed on antiX-full by default.

Maybe a new install is faster.
    Unless someone’s got a super smart idea what was removed during your trials.

really thank you guys for your help . im thinking thay maybe this isnt the distro for this time . I maybe go and look for Debian Xfce , i will do everything i can to share the word for this distro . i hope one day i get back here .

noClue
    noClue

It never comes out well when you’re in the forums of one distribution and recommand the other one, but in your case it has to be.

I’m not surprised to see that the Steam installtion didn’t work for you. See my post #19262:

Gamers – steam

A good possibility for you would be Voyager which is built on Ubuntu 18.04 base and comes with Steam OOTB.

With ‘Debian XFCE’ you would probably have same issues like here.

The most important thing for you is to find out what’s your computer primarly used for.

If your primary intention/focus is on gaming, PAID entertainement (Netflix and such) and interoperability (Adobe Suite, MS Office, messangers and such), then you should stick to Windows 10, with all its good and bad sides.

How strange is to be anything at all. (Alice in Wonderland)

udaba

im trying it right now and i can tell its pretty ok! its a bit similar to AntiX i think , but antix has more freedom i feel . Steam running with no problem .. Well one last thing . I have to ask! Whats the name of the Terminal Streaming Radio ? i really loved it. and again i wanna thank you guys all! you are the best ! i will continue to promote you any way i find ethical . thank you .
    Forget about ‘Debian XFCE’ — you’ll run into the exact same issues like here.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 1 hour ago by udaba.
    noClue
    noClue

im trying it right now and i can tell its pretty ok!

What are you trying right now? Voyager? You got Steam working in antiX … 🙂

As of radio player — Voyager has one OOTB. I think, it’s even pined on the taskbar, top/right.

antiX uses PMRP.

caprea
    caprea

I’m not surprised to see that the Steam installtion didn’t work for you.

Well, I guess I am.Very surprised.

I haven’t had a single problem installing steam on antiX yet, if you use the package-installer to do so.
    It runs fine and with the appropriate hardware also with Proton.

The problems you encountered,udaba, were certainly caused by the fact that you tried to install steam in a different way several times before.

noClue
    noClue

I am not surprised. It works fine, but it‘s tricky to install on 64-bit OS.

https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-steam-client-on-debian-9-stretch-linux

You need 32-bit support enabled. Wine and Skype are another tricky examples.

People who come from Windows can’t understand such things if they are not techies.

Windows 64-bit supports both, 64 & 32-bit OOTB and is double click, continue, continue, close, double click and start gaming. It‘s just whole another world.

caprea
    caprea

antiX is not pure debian

People who come from Windows can’t understand such things if they are not techies.

Maybe some, but not all. (sure uduba will get it with ease)
    Because it is easy like this

but it‘s tricky to install on 64-bit OS.

You need 32-bit support enabled

The package-manager will do all this for you.

Open package-manager, click on steam, click on install, open steam, four clicks.

Even if antiX maybe looks a bit outdated, the ideas and techniques behind this distro are quite progressive and innovative.

noClue
    noClue

If it would have been so easy, udaba would have figure it out and have it working.
    However, even if well installed, Proton included, it’s still no match against W10.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.