Hello, world, from the USA

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hello, world, from the USA

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jan 11-9:37 am by DredNought.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DredNought

Happy New Year!

New to AntiX. I installed Antix 21 as a VMware client. None of my changes are saved between reboots.

What should I do to save changes (new users, screen resolution, etc)?

Thank you!

-Dred

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

I’m not sure of VMware but I use VirtualBox a lot. On VB I load the ISO from the virtual CD and then I run the “Installer” to install antiX onto the virtual machines virtual hard drive. After doing that I can “boot” the installed antiX and when I make a change the changes are saved to the virtual hard drive, just like on my regular hard drive installations.

Are you “installing” or just running “Live”. Also, if you install as “Frugal” you need to set persistence to save stuff.

Seaken64

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello DredNought,

Welcome to antiX Linux and the forum.

I don’t know how to write in English and I send my texts translated by the internet translator. I hope you can understand everything, if your native language is not English, please translate my original Brazilian Portuguese text directly into your language with the help of internet translators.

Unfortunately I can’t help you with this problem, but I recommend, regardless of your level of knowledge about GNU/Linux, you read these excellent tutorials created by @PPC:

Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie and How-to install applications – 2020 version.

When you start any topic or participate with any post, remember to check the option “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”, by checking this option you will receive a message in your email inbox whenever there are replies to the topic in question.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese language)

– – – – –

Olá DredNought,

Seja bem-vindo(a) ao antiX Linux e ao fórum.

Eu não sei escrever em idioma Inglês e envio os meus textos traduzidos pelo tradutor da internet. Eu espero que você consiga compreender tudo, caso o seu idioma nativo não seja o Inglês, por favor, traduza o meu texto original em idioma Português do Brasil diretamente para o seu idioma com a ajuda dos tradutores da internet.

Infelizmente eu não posso te ajudar com este problema, mas eu recomendo, independentemente do seu nível de conhecimento sobre GNU/Linux, você ler estes excelentes tutoriais criados pelo @PPC:

Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie e How-to install applications – 2020 version.

Quando você iniciar algum tópico ou participar com alguma postagem, lembre-se de marcar a opção “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”, marcando esta opção, você receberá uma mensagem na sua caixa de e-mail sempre que houver respostas do tópico em questão.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

DredNought
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Seaken64,

It’s good to know that an AntiX VM will work. I intended to do a full install, but suspect that I may have messed up on taking the defaults somewhere.

I will start over and be more careful of the install options.

Thank you, and Happy New Year!

==dred

DredNought
    Helpful
    Up

Hi marcelocripe,

English is my language. Your translated message seems clear.

Thank you for the suggestions and hints.

I intended to do a full install, but suspect that I may have messed up on taking the defaults somewhere.

I will start over and be more careful of the install options.

-dred

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.