Help iso snapshot

Forum Forums General Software Help iso snapshot

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by to-the-moon Jan 17-9:36 am.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

to-the-moon

hey the iso-snapsot is cool idea i have no problem starting a live iso-usb from my snapshot but after i install from a snapshot (witch says installs fine) after install from snapshot after i reboot grub is there but blank like i can see the black and whit metro-station.jpg but there is no options to boot kernals or memtest just one line that reboots when i select it same in aqemu please fix as i would like to put my copy on friends computers please

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by to-the-moon.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

I cannot replicate this.

More details needed ie version of antiX (32 or 64 bit), when you used snapshot did you choose personal or for distribution?
    Did you install nvidia on the original install?

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

to-the-moon

.im using newist the 64 bit amd iso antix hellen keller and snapshot is for disstribution i always end up having to put origonal antix back on my hdd?, like i said live iso from my snapshot works how i set it up but after i install my snapshot and reboot theres not much on the grub screen?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Did you make any changes to grub?
    What changes have you made?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

skidoo

snapshot is for disstribution
    [..]
    but after i install my snapshot and reboot theres not much on the grub screen

Some of the fancy options on the boot menu screen are available only during liveboot session.
    Also, the initial boot menu screen is less featureful when a machine (a friend’s, or your same pc which you had previously booted livesession) is booted via EFI mode ~~ during EFI boot, some of the features are tucked away in subscreens/submenus, hidden until you choose AdvancedOptions.

to-the-moon

i dont use uefi crap i stay on legacy and my bios gives me the option to boot usb drives from legacy i wright to the MBR not efi crap, also i would like to see maby a encrypted grub option in the future?? like opensuse please its a neat feature.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.