Help pcsxr on antix core 17.3

Forum Forums General Software Help pcsxr on antix core 17.3

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by masinick Feb 8-2:20 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

christophe

I’m having problems getting my generic playstation-2 clone gamepad to be recognized by pcsxr. Now it works just fine on the base & full antix builds, but my trouble is with my build-up from antix core 17.3, 32-bit. It’s a frugal set-up I made to see if I could do it; after a lot of trial & error & internet searching, most things work just as I want. Except this (pcsxr). It’s especially confounding since it does work very well on antix base & full. Please help if you can!

I get the following error messages when I start the program in urxvt:

$ pcsxr

** (pcsxr:3355): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

** (cfgDFInput:3443): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files
    Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.
    RGB not found. Using YUV.
    Suspending Window ID 0x0x1000006 of activating screensaver.
    ALSA lib pcm.c:8306:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred
    Resuming Window ID 0x0x1000006 to activate screensaver.
    demo@antix9:~

Perhaps I’m missing 1 or more packages that didn’t get pulled in as dependencies? Any ideas?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Do you have dbus-x11 installed?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

christophe

I do. (Actually, that was the last thing I did before posting here for help, other than rebooting & launching again to see if that solved it.)

christophe

No worries, guys! I’ve added a frugal antix-base with pcsxr installed on that laptop (program starting with x session), so that works just fine! (Not to mention my live-usb & my all “real computers” (all antiX) have it!) This is just a fun project on an old machine — and it’s just a bit beyond my abilities right now… 🙂

masinick
    masinick

No worries, guys! I’ve added a frugal antix-base with pcsxr installed on that laptop (program starting with x session), so that works just fine! (Not to mention my live-usb & my all “real computers” (all antiX) have it!) This is just a fun project on an old machine — and it’s just a bit beyond my abilities right now… />

That’s fine! You’re doing well to be able to navigate and build an antiX Base system. One day, it may prove relatively easy to build antiX Core too; sounds like you were pretty close; just a few more things to learn. In any case, thanks for writing back; best wishes as you continue to use antiX!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by masinick.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.