Hi!!!

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hi!!!

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Oct 25-12:46 pm by masinick.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello! I start to use antiX 2 weeks ago and i am really impressed!!! I have installed it in my old Pentium4 32 bits PC with RAM 1Gb. Works pretty good, really fast with low ram usage. I tried lots of lightweight distros and… the search is over. I keep it.
    I am relatively new to GNU/Linux and I am learning a lot with Youtube antiX help videos, very useful. Now I can squeeze to the limit my old pc
    Thanks for all the hard work and for bringing us all the tools to revive our old PCs with this great lightweight distro!!!

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by Sito75.

Siempre antifascista

afghanafghan

Welcome to the world of Linux. If you’re coming from Windows then you’ll find this opens a door (pun intended) to a new and more satisfying experience. It doesn’t have to be old hardware – I use antiX on my i7 notebook PC. I just find the simplicity of keeping things simple the way to go in life. Enjoy.

Good thoughts are no better than good dreams if not executed.
    - RW Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Thanks! I met Linux 15 years ago, but I didn’t use it normally until a year ago more or less…. I rarely use Windows now, last 6 months only Linux, and don’t wanna go back.
    In my other PC, not as older as my Pentium4, I have dual boot since a year ago: Win7 & Trisquel. I am very happy with Trisquel too. Totally agree with you, Linux brings a more satisfying experience

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Sito75.

Siempre antifascista

masinickmasinick

Greetings! I’m the other way around. I primarily used either UNIX workstation software or proprietary engineering oriented systems until I ran into Linux.

I first read about it quite a bit in the early 1990s, but it wasn’t until the Fall of 1995 that I actually bought my first home computer. Back then, cost was still a pretty significant issue. I managed to find my first system for just over $2500; the ones after that were significantly less expensive.

So in 1995 I got a Micron PC that dual booted Windows 95 and Slackware Linux. A few years later I was able to get a LESS expensive system with more CPU power, two larger disks, which enabled me to test many distributions, and I kept that one for nearly ten years.

Now I have a Dell Inspiron 5558 laptop with much more CPU, memory and disk space that cost a fraction of those early PCs and I have a cheap Chromebook that cost under $200 that my wife was able to buy via a volume discount and an additional education discount. The Chromebook is pretty limited in CPU power but it has a very nice keyboard and very good screen resolution. Frankly the keyboard has a better feel than most other units I’ve used over the past decade. The Chromebook only runs ChromeOS, which is not Linux, but it does use a Linux-based kernel.

Brian Masinick

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

I quit sert mapping motorcycles So now I am Windows free also. Howdy and welcome.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Welcome!

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Thank you all! Well, I heard about Linux first time in the late 90’s, but at this time I didn’t like computers too much…
    I am writing this with antiX 19, newly installed 1 hour ago. Looks great!!!

Siempre antifascista

masinickmasinick

Sito75:

Glad you are having a positive experience with antiX 19!

Always interested in feedback and constructive comments that help improve each release.

Thanks!

Brian Masinick

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.