Hi all.

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hi all.

• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated May 9-3:46 pm by yaransk.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    yaransk

Hi all,

I’m new in antiX, after installing slax, I changed to antiX 21.

Just exploring the OS at the moment.

After some trouble installing, not important, I’m exploring it.

See you there.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

@yaransk: Welcome to the antiX forum. If you’d like to discuss your configuration, please send us the output of the command:

inxi -Fxz

This may be helpful for general information. There are other options for this tool to report more in depth details of network hardware, graphics, hardware, etc., but the output of the tool with the -Fxz parameters provides good overall information without posting your IP address or MAC hardware address, so it is helpful for diagnostic purposes; inxi is also a useful utility for your own purposes; you may wish to look into some of the options it has available, in case you want to explore and diagnose on your own.

Best wishes and welcome to antiX!

Brian Masinick

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello yaransk.

Welcome to antiX Linux and the forum.

I don’t know how to write in English and I send my texts translated by the internet translator. I hope you can understand everything, if your native language is not English, please translate my original Brazilian Portuguese text directly into your language with the help of internet translators.

Regardless of your level of knowledge about GNU/Linux, I recommend you read these excellent tutorials created by @PPC:

What is antiX and how to try it out or install it.
    Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie.
    How-to install applications – 2020 version.

When you start any topic or participate with any post, remember to check the option “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”, by checking this option you will receive a message in your email inbox whenever there are replies to the topic in question.

marcelocripe
    (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese language)

– – – – –

Olá yaransk.

Seja bem-vindo(a) ao antiX Linux e ao fórum.

Eu não sei escrever em idioma Inglês e envio os meus textos traduzidos pelo tradutor da internet. Eu espero que você consiga compreender tudo, caso o seu idioma nativo não seja o Inglês, por favor, traduza o meu texto original em idioma Português do Brasil diretamente para o seu idioma com a ajuda dos tradutores da internet.

Independentemente do seu nível de conhecimento sobre GNU/Linux, eu recomendo você ler estes excelentes tutoriais criados pelo @PPC:

What is antiX and how to try it out or install it.
    Short essential how-to list for the complete Linux newbie.
    How-to install applications – 2020 version.

Quando você iniciar algum tópico ou participar com alguma postagem, lembre-se de marcar a opção “Notify me of follow-up replies via email”, marcando esta opção, você receberá uma mensagem na sua caixa de e-mail sempre que houver respostas do tópico em questão.

marcelocripe
    (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

yaransk
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Brian and Marcelo,

Thank you for your messages.

This is my current configuration after some changes. I already have seen this information in control panel, thank you for the command, Brian.

Any suggestion will be welcomed.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Perfect low spec system to use with antiX! Though it’s not a race horse it should be usable for antiX; let us know if you have questions or concerns at any time. Sometimes someone else has worked through similar things and has immediate suggestions; other times people like you tell other forum members how you resolve a particular matter.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences, comments and constructive feedback.

Best wishes always!

Brian Masinick

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Yaransk, if it’s more comfortable for you, in the future you can select the whole result, right click, copy and paste here in this forum message. Whenever you need to ask for help or technical support, post the output of the inxi -Fxz command, as mr. Brian taught you, in the thread you created.

Since you are experienced with Slax, I recommend you try out desktops that have “zzz” in their name. The computers on which I install antiX and have a single core with 1 GB of RAM, I usually use zzz-JWM or zzz-Fluxbox or zzz-IceWM (each of these desktops has its own characteristics and consumes more or less resources). To access the other antiX desktops, click on the menu, Desktop, Others Desktop and click on the desktop name, the desktop will be instantly loaded.
    Unlike Slax, where its creator charges money to provide technical support, here you get a lot of information and tutorials without having to pay anything at all.

Reading the tutorials that PPC has created has saved me a lot of time and I think it saves time for any new antiX user. You won’t waste your time searching the internet or even creating new topics that other people have created because they haven’t read the PPC teachings. Your time will not be wasted with these readings and everything will seem to be much easier than you could imagine.

– – – – –

Yaransk, se for mais cômodo para você, no futuro você pode selcionar todo o resultado, clicar com o botão direito, copiar e colar aqui na mensagem deste fórum. Sempre que você precisar solicitar ajuda ou suporte técnico, poste o resultado do comando inxi -Fxz, conforme o sr. Brian te ensinou, no tópico que você criou.

Como você possui experiência com o Slax, eu recomendo você experimentar as áreas de trabalho que possuem “zzz” em seu nome. Os computadores que eu instalo o antiX e possuem núcleo único com 1 GB de memória RAM, eu costumo utilizar o zzz-JWM ou zzz-Fluxbox ou zzz-IceWM (cada uma destas áreas de trabalho possuem características próprias e consomem mais ou menos recursos). Para acessar as outras áreas de trabalho do antiX, clique no menu, Desktop, Others Desktop e clique sobre o nome da área de trabalho, instantâneamente a área de trabalho será carregada. Ao contrário do Slax, onde o seu criador cobra dinheiro para oferecer suporte técnico, aqui você obtém muitas informações e tutorias sem ter que pagar absolutamente nada.

A leitura dos tutorias que o PPC criou, pouparam muito do meu tempo e acho que poupa o tempo de qualquer novo usuário do antiX. Você não perderá o seu tempo com pesquisas na internet ou até mesmo em criar novos tópicos que outras pessoas criaram porque não leram os ensinamentos do PPC. O seu tempo não será perdido com estas leituras e tudo parecerá ser muito mais fácil do que você poderia imaginar.

yaransk
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you Brian. I bought PB dot SE new in 2010 or 2011 for a good price, was used for working reasons preparing reports and some database use due to its portability and not intense use.

Some time later it’s been used for personal applications, as expenses control.

I took a look at linux in 2007, but now I decided to deep in. I’m getting information about and get used to new OS environment. I have some questions, but first I’ll do some research and tests.

Thanks again and best wishes.

yaransk
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you Marcelo for your advice. So kind.

And thank you writing in portuguese too.

I’m not experienced with slax, I just installed it, and the live was too slow. I can see that antix is faster and keep some features that were lost with slax.

As I said before, I’m getting information, get used to the OS, and writing down some doubts that will be asked in case I’m not able to resolve by myself.

Best wishes.

yaransk
    Helpful
    Up

That’s insane. I’m shocked.

After some few days reading and getting accustomed to antiX, I decided yesterday to install it in HDD.

Easy. Great work. I would like to thank developers for this distro.

It is fast, stable, easy to manage. I formatted HDD, with the previous dual boot, live, together with and old W7 Starter and went antiX.

It’s fantastic. Thanks again.

Let me attach a screenshot with the HDD partition.

Thanks again, stay safe and best wishes.

Attachments:
    PPC
    Helpful
    Up

wow! More people should be like you- you searched for the best OS for your device, found antiX, tested it, studied it and only then installed it! Life for people that help here in the forum would be much easier if more people were that diligent!

Note: The “volumeicon” on your system tray is muted – did you choose to do that or are you having sound card related problems?

P.

yaransk
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you for your kind words PPC. Appreciated so much.

The volume icon is OFF. Not having problems at all with sound card or anything else. I’m really impressed with this distro.

At this moment, I’m checking for security navigating questions. I’m using smartphone as a hotspot, and I would like to use an unlocked USB sim card modem and VPN. I’m not sure Huawei models work with Linux.

On the other hand, I think it is a little overpriced.

Best wishes for all.

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome to antiX, @yaransk. I have a similar Netbook that came with Win7 Starter. That OS runs terribly. But antiX runs great.

Seaken64

yaransk
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Seaken64,

Mine run not bad, because was used for basics applications lately, and it wasn’t updated for a long period of time. I did not connect it to the net.

And yes, antiX runs great.

yaransk

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.