[solved] Hi everyone! How to permanently disable Conky?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions [solved] Hi everyone! How to permanently disable Conky?

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Sep 14-2:23 am by BobC.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    xfer

Hello!
    New to AntiX (not to Linux).
    I really like this distro A LOT! Only 58 MB of RAM usage on my eeePC, that’s stunning. 😀

I’m using AntiX 19.4 with IceWM, latest updates installed. 32bit version.

I would like to permanently get rid of the “conky” widget, and also of all those tray-minimized stuff like CPU monitor, RAM monitor etc.

Problem is: I turn off them via menu (Desktop->Conky On/Off and Settings->Preferences->Taskbar->TaskBarShowMEMstatus etc.), but they are enabled again at next reboot: so I have to manually turn them off again every single time.
    Extremely annoying. ‘:D

Please, could you suggest a way to turn them off once and for all? Maybe even uninstalling them? Thanks!

Fernando

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by anticapitalista. Reason: added solved
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

Hi.
    You need to edit the session configuration file
    Control Centre > Session > User Desktop-session > desktop-session.conf
    and change the line for loading conky to
    LOAD_CONKY="false"
    Then, you restart the session and conky should no longer load.

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

xfer
    Helpful
    Up

It worked! Thanks!!

wildstar84
    Helpful
    Up

sudo apt-get remove conky

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

> sudo apt-get remove conky

hmmm, I’m not confident that the conky package considers presence of the call to conky within the desktop session autostart script(s).

and also of all those tray-minimized stuff like CPU monitor, RAM monitor etc.

The CPU monitor and RAM monitor widgets, via the IceWM desktop menu you can toggle them enabled//disabled.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

See pic for how to turn off the monitors. Remember to Save Modifications and Restart IceWM after making the changes. You can also make these changes by editing preferoverride or preferences in ~/.icewm

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by BobC.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.