Hi from someone wanting to try

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Hi from someone wanting to try

• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Mar 10-11:53 pm by Murdock2525.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,
    I am new to antiX, have a tiny experience with MX, and some knowledge of Ubuntu, Debian and Windows. Somehow, antiX is interesting.
    Thanks, antixcub

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome aboard, antixcub!

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Hallo antixcub,
    welcome to the forum
    Stick around, explore, enjoy. antiX is way more than its understatement looks suggest, especially valuable while
    experimenting the live options. Wreck your running instance, turn off the computer without saving, restart
    where you were before having an issue. Makes learning linux pretty much stress free.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

antixcub, welcome to the antiX community forum!

Brian Masinick

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome antixcub. Yes, antiX is interesting and fun.

Seaken64

Murdock2525
    Helpful
    Up

Hola amigo. One thing to understand about antiX is is isn’t just for dumpster found computers. You can buy the newest,fastest machine out there and it responds so quick it opens programs before you can reach the mouse !…..otoh…it works good on dumpster finds too.

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Hola amigo. One thing to understand about antiX is is isn’t just for dumpster found computers. You can buy the newest,fastest machine out there and it responds so quick it opens programs before you can reach the mouse !…..otoh…it works good on dumpster finds too.

I agree completely. I have plenty of systems that have avoided dumpsters or other calamities, but I’ve used systems aged 0-3 years too and they all work well, especially models that traditionally use “commodity parts”. Following only that guideline, which keeps even new hardware moderately priced, I get lots of very good working systems, and I put antiX on all of them at one time or another, and keep it on most of them.

Brian Masinick

Murdock2525
    Helpful
    Up

pretty much

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.