Hostname

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by afghan Nov 6-7:59 pm.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

As I said, curl IS installed on antiX-19 core and so is ping.

Ctrl Alt F1 will put you in a terminal.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

worker0

Yes you are right, it was my mistake. Can you tell me howw to start/stop/restart service on antix 19 and how to install systemctl ( to dont open new topic ) sudo apt-get install systemctl?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by worker0.
    VW
    VW

Can you tell me how to install systemctl

Well technically it’s not included either.

Are you on some kind of a wind-up? antiX’s major selling point is no systemd.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista
    sudo /etc/init.d/nameofservice stop
    sudo /etc/init.d/nameofservice start
    sudo /etc/init.d/nameofservice restart

look in /etc/init.d for the name of the service

eg
    sudo /etc/init.d/cups restart

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

VW
    VW

He’s going to ask now to install “nameofservice” next. I’m laying ten dollars on it. It’s kinda like he has No Clue!!!

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by VW.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

worker0

He’s going to ask now to install “nameofservice” next. I’m laying ten dollars on it. It’s kinda like he has No Clue!!!

Grow up. You are not funny at all. Take that 10$ and go to buy milk so you can drink it before bedtime.

antiX’s major selling point is no systemd.

Why? Is there any specific reason? Thanks in advance

PPC

hi- I guess the reason is because anticapitalista, and the rest of the dev team consider systemD has too “bloated”- if you nee/want to run systemD, you may consider MX linux- is antiX “sister” distro- it’s partly based in antiX, shares lots of features with it, with a very nice looking XFCE desktop environment and you can choose to run systemD on the boot menu (handy if you want to use snaps, for example). It’s not as light on resources as antiX- my MX 18 uses about 350 Mb RAM on idle…

P.

afghan
    afghan

Grow up. You are not funny at all. Take that 10$ and go to buy milk so you can drink it before bedtime.

antiX’s major selling point is no systemd.

First a bit of advice: If you can’t take a bit of sarcastic humour then you may find that your time in public forums a little hard going, and perhaps your questions go unanswered. Chill and you will find others more knowledgeable than you more willing to help you out.

I find it strange from your questions in this thread and other threads you started dwell on subject matters on the advanced side of things and yet you ask things that seem pretty trivial – to the point of being somewhat trollish. The topic of systemd vs init has been argued, well, till the cows come home. In fact the cows are home so long that you can milk them for more than $10 of milk! If you have been using antiX before as you have claimed elsewhere and yet have no idea what antiX is all about then perhaps some reading will do you good before you carry on any further.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by afghan.

Good thoughts are no better than good dreams if not executed.
    - RW Emerson (1803 - 1882)

VW
    VW

I find it strange from your questions in this thread and other threads you started dwell on subject matters on the advanced side of things and yet you ask things that seem pretty trivial – to the point of being somewhat trollish. The topic of systemd vs init has been argued, well, till the cows come home. In fact the cows are home so long that you can milk them for more than $10 of milk! If you have been using antiX before as you have claimed elsewhere and yet have no idea what antiX is all about then perhaps some reading will do you good before you carry on any further.

Why would anybody download a distro designed to work without systemd and then try to install it? anti and the team go to a lot of trouble rewriting programs to work without systemd and the antiX servers carry those programs.

It makes absolutely no sense to start off with antiX. It makes more sense to use a debian system and then install an antiX kernel.

So thanks for your advice. I’m a crotchety old fart who used to have to put up with stupid apprentices asking stupid questions during my working life and it kinda gives you the insight to see when one of them is on a wind-up. As for my final comment I think anti understood what I was implying, cos if he didn’t it would be Rocky giving me a dressing down and not you.

Mark Twain

afghan
    afghan

So thanks for your advice. I’m a crotchety old fart who used to have to put up with stupid apprentices asking stupid questions during my working life and it kinda gives you the insight to see when one of them is on a wind-up. As for my final comment I think anti understood what I was implying, cos if he didn’t it would be Rocky giving me a dressing down and not you.

Calm down VW. I hope you realise that my advice was to worker0 because of his slightly rude response to your ribbing. Perhaps you read it just after having some bad milk. So… from one crotchety old fart to another, there is no real need to get worked up over a non issue like this.

Peace.

Good thoughts are no better than good dreams if not executed.
    - RW Emerson (1803 - 1882)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.