[Solved] Connman not showing wifi under technologies

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions [Solved] Connman not showing wifi under technologies

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Dec 17-6:32 pm by NrJCddhD.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    NrJCddhD

antiX-23_x64-base, also tried full. Coming from win 11.
      Lenovo IdeaPad FLEX-15IWL
      Wifi adapter: Intel Wireless-AC 9462

Connman doesn’t list wifi under technologies. I assume I’m lacking a driver.

I’ve booted into base and full to see if anything changes.

I’ve found the driver: iwlwifi, under “Firmware”.

As the machine cant access the internet, I don’t know how to load the drivers on there, atleast from the live environment.

Solution: Some kernels have the drivers, some don’t. On 6.1, wifi ddint show, on 5.10, wifi did.

• This topic was modified 7 months ago by NrJCddhD.
      • This topic was modified 7 months ago by NrJCddhD.
      PPC

Hum… it’s relatively easy, if you have a network cable- connect the computer to the router/modem via cable, and install what you need to install.
        If you have an android device, you can use it to access your Wi-Fi connection and share it with antiX (just like it was a Ethernet connection)- you can read details about that over at the unofficial antiX 23 FAQs: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/unoficial-antix-23-frequently-asked-questions/ – it’s in the tips at the end of the first section of the first post.

EDIT:
        Also, I always, I mean always, recommend installing antiX Full. It includes the package “firmware-iwlwifi”, it is the one that you require?

P.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by PPC.
        • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by PPC.
        NrJCddhD

Thank you for your response. It seems to be a kernel thing entirely. 6.1, no support for wifi OR tethered, 5.9 full support, wifi is on.

Stumbled upon a similar case here.

So you were right, the package is in there already, just in the legacy 5.10 kernel, antix Full.

Thank you.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by NrJCddhD.
          NrJCddhD

It was the full version as well, kernel 5.9.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.