cannot delete or edit my posts (cannot add SOLVED to title)

Forum Forums Administration Site Help cannot delete or edit my posts (cannot add SOLVED to title)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by andfree Jan 8-6:43 am.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

enzo

Hi,

how can I delete or change my forum- postings?

Thanks in advance.

Enzo

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by skidoo. Reason: clarified title, moved to Site Help

skidoo

an EDIT button should be available, displayed within each of your posts. For example:
    January 6, 2018 at 7:38 am…………………………………..———} EDIT

When editing post #1 of a topic, the webform also displays the “topic title” input field, providing opportunity to edit the title.

Hmm, can you “delete” a post?
    If a “delete” button is not displayed alongside “edit”… but a “Trash” button is displayed, you can use that button instead.
    (IIRC, trash’ing post #1 of a topic will result in removal of the entire topic)

andfree

Lately, the EDIT button is available for me only for my last post. For this reason, I can’t mark topics as “solved” anymore.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by andfree.

skidoo

Aha, it’s apparently a bug, so thanks for reporting it.
    In post#2 I was scratching my head, wondering if the css theming was too wide and was pushing the right-side buttons off the screen…

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Dave

I don’t think that it is a bug, it was decided to only allow editing for a short while after posting. I had asked about this when the forum was first set up.

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/congratulations/page/2/#post-566

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/congratulations/page/3/#post-612

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

andfree

it was decided to only allow editing for a short while after posting.

So, this seems to be the case. And so, no reason for the simple members to worry any longer about deciding when a topic should be marked as solved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.