How..do..I..change..icon..themes?

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-23 “Arditi del Popolo How..do..I..change..icon..themes?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 30-1:33 pm by frogprince.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    frogprince

I’m running the latest Antix version, and the ROX window manager. I’ve read the wiki, and found at least two different answers.

First, I moved a couple of tar files into /usr/share/icons as sudo. I’ve opened Applications/Preferences/Customize Look and Feel. I’ve clicked on Install, and selected a tar file with the open window. I click on Apply. Nothing happens; the Apply button will not work.

Second, I tried right clicking on a desktop icon. I opened File/Set Icon. Another window opens with instructions to drag an icon to it. I try opening the file manager with sudo, but it will not let me drag and drop a file onto the icon window. The error message is that I don’t have permission to do so, although I opened it with sudo.

Please, how do I change icon themes? Thanks in advance.

Vas you efer in Zinzinnati?

RJP

You can place your icon theme into $HOME/.icons folder.

xdg-open $HOME/.icons

.. and you can change theme the next way

Open rox-filer > right-click in an empty space > Options > Types > Icon Theme > OK

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/allow-rox-filer-to-follow-set-icon-theme/#post-71524

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by RJP.
        Attachments:
        abc-nix

1. Icon themes need to be uncompressed with the same folder structure as the other icon themes in /usr/share/icons if you want them installed “manually”.

2. For all icon themes to work, they must include a file named index.theme

3. For an icon theme to be installed with the “Customize look and feel” program, the icon theme archive must have the contents in the way the program can recognize.

Please, share the link to the icon theme you didn’t mention so we can see if it follows proper structure.

RJP

Nuvola icon theme in $HOME/.icons folder.

frogprince

RJP: thanks, that worked.

Thanks to all of you for responding. Next are the toolbar icons. I did find a link:

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/how-to-change-toolbar-icons-on-antix-base/

So I will work on that next.

Vas you efer in Zinzinnati?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.