How do I get LittleGPTracker DEB version working on AntiX?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions How do I get LittleGPTracker DEB version working on AntiX?

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Oct 16-5:55 pm by Chelsea.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chelsea

http://littlegptracker.com/

Hey guys, it’s been awhile but I’ll cut to the chase (no pun intended of course): I’m trying to get an old tracker working on AntiX and well, long story short, it’s still missing something to get it working. I even ran it through the terminal to check and yep, a dependency is still missing. Probably an old one, but still.

Can you help?

Fun fact: I was originally gonna try getting it working on Puppy Linux, but I figured going to my main driver AntiX would be less of a hassle somewhat.

EDIT: I did follow the this too: http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?id=lgpt:ubuntu_installation
      Because my Puppy is based on Ubuntu Focal Fossa and stuff.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Chelsea.
      Xecure

I couldn’t get the stable version to download for me, and ended up downloading the “Ghetto Build”.
        Following the instructions on your second link, you just need to install the packages in this order:
        sudo apt install libjack0 libjack0:i386 libsdl1.2debian:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386
        and it installed properly for me on antiX 19.4 amd64. See that I also included the 64 bits libjack0, as if you don’t you cannot install the i386 deb (because of compatibility issues with installed packages).
        I then ran the lgpt.deb-exe and tried to create a new “track”, but I cannot get it to play. Could this be related to a previously mentioned alsa:i386 bug?

antiX Live system enthusiast.
        General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Chelsea

I think you need to create a dedicated folder for the ghetto build first so you can add samples and stuff like that.

Folder structure I would personally use:

-lgpt
          --bin
          ---lgpt.deb-exe
          --projects
          --samplelib

But I’ll have to try again and see. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Chelsea.
          Chelsea

I got the ghetto build working. I even tested opening a project. It works, but there is little to no sound.

I think something needs to be done to get the sound working on the Piggy, but I don’t know what or how.

Xecure

If it is related to the alsa bug, then maybe the linked topic helps.
              If it works properly on puppy it would be best, because I have no idea how to manage alsa related problems.

Chelsea

I found the problem on my end by running LGPT through the terminal: it seems to automatically set the audio to HDMI. I think the problem is the ALSA end and I need to figure out how to switch it to (in my case) the laptop’s built-in sound thing rather than look for an HDMI source or whatever.

It’s really weird to me tbh.

Chelsea

Forgive me for spamming stuff, but there’s also this: http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.php?id=lgpt:config

I think I’m getting closer to solving the problem, but I might need help figuring out how to create a config.xml file. Again, this is really weird.

Xecure

Use the set sound card option in Control Centre > Hardware or use this script to set it up instead.
                    This should force any program to use the local sound card configuration for alsa.

Chelsea

Okay, the sound on LGPT still doesn’t work. Sound on everything else works fine though. I’ll have to try and do something with the XML thing, otherwise I’m not sure.

I’ll see what happens though.

Chelsea

I got some good news: I may have got the sound on LGPT working finally. I really did need to create a config.xml file. It took a while to figure it out, but I did it. I got it working.

Three cheers for persistance and talking through things.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.