How do I see the user/member list?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions How do I see the user/member list?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by caprea Apr 24-1:20 pm.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

cinnabar

Usually on forums it is possible to see who is registered and to be able to access their topics and posts. The search function on this board isn’t very good for much of anything. Could you please point me in the right direction? It would help to get to know people a little better.

Cheers,
    cinnabar

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Well, for current users viewing the forum. That is shown on the bottom of the page.
    You can click on a forum members reply I guess to see what they have in their profile to know them a little better also.

Being a moderator myself. I can click on my name under the icon on the top r/h of the main page site. That takes me to where I have a side bar where members a link tab is shown on the left sidebar. But I think that is moderator feature. Not a user feature. I am not sure what wordpress forum sites gives users permission as far as looking up members go. I will have to look that up online.

Beer, Bikes, and BBQ. It's what we do. Master of none.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

sleekmason
    sleekmason

Clicking on the members picture will bring you to their profile page where you can see “topics started” and “replies created”.

seaken64

I had a similar question about how to see topics that I have replied to. I thought I could get to such a list from my profile page but it is not there. But clicking on my icon in a message thread does work to get this list. The problem with that is I have to try to remember a topic I relied in and scroll to find my icon. Why can’t we get at this list from our own profile?

Sean

cinnabar

Thanks for confirming what I had already discovered. I can’t remember ever having been to a forum that doesn’t have a member list where you can view any users’ data – #of posts, #of topics and the ability to view them. Even tapatalk (which I loathe) had most of those features.. PMing here is also a little weird and clumsy to work with. Oh well . . .

caprea
    caprea

@seaken64
    You dont have to find your icon, you can click on your name under “Currently 1 user and 11 guests online”
    at the bottom of the page.

seaken64

@seaken64
    You dont have to find your icon, you can click on your name under “Currently 1 user and 11 guests online”
    at the bottom of the page.

Thank you caprea. That was helpful. Now all I have to remember is what screen that is on. It only shows on the first screen when I log in to the forum, at the bottom of the page.

caprea
    caprea

Just click on forum with the dropdown-arrow on the left top, this will bring you to the start-page.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.