how-the-us-created-a-world-of-endless-war

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio how-the-us-created-a-world-of-endless-war

• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Sep 2-2:27 am by christophe.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ModdIt

A very balanced and well reflected article in the Guardian.

Gist the definately still ongoing struggle for world domination by USA, any method and at any cost to others.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/31/how-the-us-created-a-world-of-endless-war

Forum Admin
      rokytnji

I always grin when the pot calls the kettle black. Hypocrites.

Everyone has a agenda. Like Britain being the most war mongering country from Europe.
        http://www.amazon.com/All-Countries-Weve-Ever-Invaded-ebook/dp/B009UV5PT6

Not too many Britons know that we invaded Iran in the Second World War with the Soviets. You can be fairly sure a lot more Iranians do.

Or what about the time we arrived with elephants to invade Ethiopia?

Every summer, hordes of British tourists now occupy Corfu and the other Ionian islands. Find out how we first invaded them armed with cannon instead of camera and set up the United States of the Ionian Islands.

Think the Philippines have always been outside our zone of influence? Think again. Read the surprising story of our eighteenth-century occupation of Manila and how we demanded a ransom of millions of dollars for the city.

But then the gaurdian don’t want to talk about what is close to home.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by rokytnji.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
        Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
        How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

ModdIt

But then the gaurdian don’t want to talk about what is close to home.

That is very wrong, Guardian is one, maybe tho only one part of the press not following and furthering tory right wing bullshiit and lies. There are a lot of
          articles about war crimes by UK Military and agencys around the worls.

Coming originaly from UK. You are right that UK was and is a war monger, Germany too. They are these days in another league compared
          to US practising Global drone Warfare along with more and more cyber attacks. Kings of surveillance too while mouthing off about china.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by ModdIt.
          • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by ModdIt.
          olsztyn

A very balanced and well reflected article in the Guardian.
            Gist the definately still ongoing struggle for world domination by USA, any method and at any cost to others.

I have little respect for so called ‘journalism’ these days. The Guardian article dated August 31, 2021 clearly is not coincidentally timed but conveniently takes advantage of exit from Afghanistan after 20 years, as an opportunity to expand on this topic.
            Taking this particular aspect I just want to bring to attention the fact that Afghanistan war against terrorists was triggered by terrorist attack on the World Trade Center two towers on September 11, 2001, in New York, which killed 3,000 people (all civilians, of course) working there, just as I was working at that time in one of neighboring buildings. I can tell you that the actual videos of towers falling as well as of people jumping from towers to their death were not shown later due to being far too horrific.
            It was just a coincidence that I was not in one of those towers during that attack, as that day I had to go to work half an hour earlier. My subway stop was under towers, I just would as well be right there had I not gone to work earlier that day.
            I have no sympathy for terrorists killing innocent people. And I have not much sympathy for so called ‘journalism’ promoting liberal, sympathetic to terrorists agenda.
            Not all wars can be justified, but this one was triggered by terrorists murdering 3,000 innocent people.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by olsztyn.
            • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by olsztyn.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
            http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Forum Admin
            anticapitalista

The attack on the twin towers (September 11, 2001) had nothing to do with the Taliban regime in Afghanistan.
              The war(s) that followed had nothing to do with the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
              The 2003 ‘retaliation’ war on Iraq was one unjustified war.

On 9/11:
              al-Qaeda is not the Taliban.
              al-Qaeda was initially funded by the USA against the Soviets in the 1980’s (including funding Osama Bin Laden).
              Not one of the 19 terrorists of 9/11 came from Afghanistan, nor Iraq.
              – 15 were Saudis (pro-US regime and US backed regime)
              – 2 were from the United Arab Emirates (another pro-US regime and US backed regime)
              – 1 was from the Lebanon (yet another pro-US regime and US backed regime)
              – and 1 from Egypt (heavily funded Mubarak was a pro-US regime and US backed regime)

The USA/UK and all its NATO affiliates couldn’t (and don’t) give a toss about ordinary peoples’ lives.
              Both the USA/UK (and others) have been supporting and implementing terrorism for well over 300 years (UK a bit less for the USA)
              abroad and at home.

I agree with rokytnji to an extent – the enemy is at home.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

manyroads

Can someone please tell me when the world was not at war someplace? Since the dawn of organized civilizations, I know of no time when there was not a war somewhere. Of course my history is a bit scant when we get earlier than the first Egyptian dynastic family (so that would make my assertion only relevant for the last 5200 years or so). I concur that we have been and remain in forever wars… but the forever wars are not the problem of any one country. It is a problem belonging to all people.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by manyroads.

Pax vobiscum,
                Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
                "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
                dwm-hlwm-i3wm-spectrwm-swau-dk ~Reg. Linux User #449130
                20 Jan 2021 ~ "End of an Error"

olsztyn

al-Qaeda is not the Taliban.

It is not, of course… But camps and training grounds of Al-Quaeda were hosted in Afghanistan. It would be pointless to look for those terrorists in Saudi Arabia. They were located in Afghanistan at that time… Bin Laden, as many of those Al_Quaeda terrorists were originally Saudi nationals and had money coming from Saudi Arabia though, to your point…

The 2003 ‘retaliation’ war on Iraq was one unjustified war.

As I said:

Not all wars can be justified, but this one was triggered by terrorists murdering 3,000 innocent people.

I do not agree with Iraq wars, except the one to eradicate ISIS and their terrorist agenda.
                  To add to your point I do not agree with handling of Libya either…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
                  http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

BobC

My opinion is that much of what we are told and read is untrue, fabricated by our governments to elicit the responses those in power desire, be it good or bad, but predicably, usually to benefit those in power. If things might happen that cause desired wars to start, everyone of them gets richer and its all so much the better, as long as nobody ever finds out. I believe the term is “false flag attack”.

I do know Germany has done this, for sure back in WWII, maybe more for power, rather than money in their case.

Worldwide, governments seem to be producing lies left, right and center, much like Hitler’s propaganda ministry. Maybe there are more lies, too. Maybe the truth would be too painful to speak.

There are too many explanations for attacks that don’t seem to fit right. My suspicion is there is a lot less truth coming from any government than anyone would believe.

Daily driver distro https://www.antixforum.com

christophe

I don’t believe anything anyone tells me, unless I trust the person telling me.
                      Trust government? Nah.
                      Trust “science?” Nope. Why? Even science has become political now.
                      Which means they have an agenda.
                      Which means they will lie — with very few exceptions, it seems.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by christophe.
                      • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by christophe.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.