[Solved] How to add a secondary language to Antix?

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions [Solved] How to add a secondary language to Antix?

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated May 30-5:13 am by mihirmishra.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mihirmishra

Primary language of my computer is English and I want that to be english but some websites I use have Hindi Interface my wifi’s name and some folder’s on my android are in Hindi (I connect and move files from my android device very often), and antiX doesn’t recognize it’s fonts.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by mihirmishra. Reason: Problem have been solved
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

See if this works for you. A similar problem was reported and this seemed to help.

[…] You need the Noto Sans fonts for .

Run this in terminal:
    sudo apt install fonts-noto-core

You dont’ even need to restart firefox. It should now display all missing letters and fonts.

mihirmishra
    Helpful
    Up

I had to logout to make it work. Thanks! How do I mark this as Solved?

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Edit your first post (click the Edit button over the right of the first post) and edit the title. That should work.

Glad this was solved without much hassle.

mihirmishra
    Helpful
    Up

Today I installed 19.4. So I tried installing the hindi fonts again by the command given by you, but now it is showing E: Unable to locate package fonts-noto-core

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by mihirmishra.
    Robin
    Helpful
    Up

Did you perform sudo apt-get update before trying to install the fonts? Please let us know the output of inxi -zv8 or inxi -r

mihirmishra
    Helpful
    Up

I upgraded the system <updater> then I ran sudo apt-get update. After that it installed perfectly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.