How to add application shortcuts to desktop?

Forum Forums antiX-development Graphics How to add application shortcuts to desktop?

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Sep 27-9:32 am by Fara.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fara

I’m using a space-icewm (spacefm)
    I tried to change the ~/.config/spacefm/desktop0 but it overwrites itself, after restarting the session. if you remove the recording rights, then it is executed. I’m owner of config file.
    By default, the desktop displays the contents of the ~ directory, not ~ /Desktop, how can this be changed?

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

By default, the desktop displays the contents of the ~ directory, not ~ /Desktop,

Not true. By default in all antiX systems, the Spacefm desktop displays files in the ~/Desktop folder.

Add a file to ~/Desktop and see if you can now see it in the desktop.

If you haven’t changed much of SpaceFM configuration, I would recommend you replace it with the original one in /etc/skel/.config/spacefm and logout and login.

Spacefm desktop is not like rox desktop icon manager. Every time you add a file to ~/Desktop, a new icon appears, while in rox, it is a pinboard that ignores the contents of ~/Desktop and its configuration is troed in a file.

Edit: If you have your system set with a different language, you can leanr what your system onsiders to be the Desktop folder by executing this in terminal:
    echo $XDG_DESKTOP_DIR

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by Xecure.
    Fara
    Helpful
    Up

Tnx i changed my XDG_DESKTOP_DIR to ~/Desktop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.